Hem2 max performance

Default Hem2 max performance

Hi

I want to buy a new computer. I've got a big database and i want to set up my new PC for best performance. Is there any cap of CPU or RAM usage in holdem manager 2 ? Any cap of time for hands import/creating notes ?

I am also considering buying one of best notebooks instead of PC. Do u think its a better idea?

And one more question - i want to do some huge amount of caddy notes - can i transfer it to another PC from my notebook ? If dont - is there any possibility to combine all notes together ? For example - i want to do my NL100 database + notes, separatelly NL200 database + notes, NLXXX + notes. I want to combine all this in one file.

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by grimowsky; 02-10-2014 at 08:40 PM.

HM2 doesn't have any CPU, RAM cap. The more you have, the more it will use.
    (and the bigger your database is, the more RAM it would like to use)

(HM1 did have a CPU, RAM cap, and couldn't fully utilize a fast computer)

Besides the CPU and RAM, even more important is the harddisk speed: get a SSD drive for Windows and the PostgreSQL database.
    Also read:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html,
    especially the part of editing PostgreSQL.config making tweaks on how much (RAM) PostgreSQL can use.

Desktop vs Notebook doesn't matter, but do make sure it has an SSD. (fast Notebooks with an SSD, tend to still be a lot more expensive, then if you'd build a desktop)

Transferring your NoteCaddy notes:
    -you can transfer your note definitions (by exporting them in NoteCaddy)
    -or in HM2--> Home tab--> Database--> you can backup both your notes and NoteCaddy definitions

Combining notes: ideally don't use separate database -for different stakes- each with separate notes, since combining the notes will be difficult.

If you have as a note of a NL50 player
    Code:
    crazy donkey, triple barrel bluffs 3bet pots
    Then of the same player on NL100 you have a different note (since you have a separate database with only NL100 hands)
    Code:
    crazy donkey, triple barrel with overbets = nuts

Combining the two notes it will ignore the words crazy, donkey, triple, and barrel, as it will think these words are all duplicates. It won't understand "crazy donkey" is duplicate and it can ignore the second entry for this, but the line "triple barrel" should not.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here