Overclocking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking

Default Overclocking

Is a good idea to overclock a FX 6300 to get more performance in HM2 , or this no have difference ? For example the FX 6300 is 3.5ghz , if i go for 4.1ghz , i will notice any improvement in HM2 or no ? Ty

Yes, it should improve performance, if you also have RAM that supports the new multiplier.
    It will result in faster import speeds.

I'm not a big fan of overclocking if the system becomes less stable and occasionally crashes, so do make sure, you're not pushing the CPU to its limits.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I have 8GB ram DDR3 and a SSD ... Mmmm , only improve performance on import speeds or anything more ? ? ?

Note Caddy will process notes faster.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

So all the performance that i win is in import notes and hands , right ? I mean , if i will to overclock , i dont notice the diferrence for example in open the HM2 , or in refresh reports , etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Chifo View Post
    So all the performance that i win is in import notes and hands , right ? I mean , if i will to overclock , i dont notice the diferrence for example in open the HM2 , or in refresh reports , etc etc
    You might notice some improvement in those areas too but the difference would likely be negligible imo since those areas are already optimized as much as possible by our developers. The slower time opening HM2 compared to HM1 is what allows us to have significantly improved report refreshing/filtering speeds in HM2 compared to HM1 or PT4 - HM2 Performance Comparison on v7679 With Ram Reduction vs PT4 and HM1

Perfect , so if the fiference would be negligible i prefer to dont overclock my system . Thanks

Good idea. It is not worth the possible bad side effects IMO.

Additionally, you can easily overclock wrong and cause Blue Screens. That was when I just gave it up. I didn't have the desire/time/need to look into all of the proper settings. It's harder to balance the settings properly.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

To dont open another thread , there is a "bug" that i have in HM2 , when i click for example in the hud to review a hand for mark it or to see it , that windows sometimes freezes for example , and i have to minimize the table and the restore to move the window freeze for there , or sometimes i have to refresh the desktop . I dont know if is it for the setting of windows , because i have AERO disable and other setting for maximum performance .