Database Backup

Thread: Database Backup

Default Database Backup

Hey guys, i'm reinstalling my system, so i want to backup my HM2 DB. I have a few questions about backup & restore:

1. If i backup and restore everything from my database (hands, notes, NC notes, definitions), will it be the same as earlier? Because somewhere i read that, even if i backup everything, i have to regenerate notes with NC. Is this true?

2. What happens to my notes if i only backup and restore them without the hands in the database? I'll start to play and when i play with someone, whom i had notes in my old DB, will the notes appear? Will it work? Or how the notes are stored?

3. Which postgresql version is the best for hm2?

Thanks!
    Last edited by magus; 12-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.

1. You should make a separate backup in NoteCaddy of all your note definitions.
    Worst case scenario, you'll have to regenerate the NoteCaddy notes, after the restore.

2. A Note cannot be attached to a player, if that player doesn't exist in the database. So you'll have to import all the hands first.

3. Default version is 8.4.x, but are free to use 9.0.x and 9.2.x (those both have a 64 bit version). Do NOT use 9.1.x, or 9.3.x
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here