Zoom HUD stat position problem
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Zoom HUD stat position problem

So nice to see you fixed the € symbol problem :~) Anyway, i have a pretty huge database, but use pretty top end hardware (dual SSD drives, decent high end motherboard, fast CPU, good fan ect) and the hands are imported and processed reasonably fast by HEM2/notecaddy, howver recently a couplke of problems have occured.

First is that HEM freezes sometimes when trying to access stuff, whenever i load it up it takes a few mins before i can click anywhere and it responds. Maybe i should tune up postgreas or something??? i am using postgres sql 9.1 btw. I have it and HEM installed on a dedicated SSD drive which is only 10% full atm.

When i am playing zoom i notice the HUD stat positions are fine for most of the time but every 15 or so hands the hero HUD gets moved out of position and so do all the other players stats see this vid i recorded of the problem (occurs after 29s)

Last edited by SW_Kaizer; 11-28-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Have you tried the built in HM2 > Maintenance > PostgreSQL Tuning feature yet?

We do not recommend any PostgreSQL above 9.0.x so you should probably try replacing 9.1.x with 9.0.x

You can also safely disable the postgresql logging since we usually do not need or ask for those logs so I will include those instructions at the end of my reply.

For the HUD issues:

Please disable the auto-center option in the pokerstars client as shown in this image - starsautocenter01 - fozzy71's library

*Note: If you have more than 1 pokerstars.xx client installed you need to do the steps above and below for all of the pokerstars.xx clients.

We do not currently support the auto center option at poker stars but it is on our list of things to add support for in the future.

Configure your poker client preferred seating and seating preferences in HM accordingly.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ng+Preferences

*Note that the Seating Preferences have been moved to the new Site Setup menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Setup/VXTxky9K

1) Open one Table, play at least one hand.
    2) Move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...tcuts#movehuds
    3) Now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats to be moved to the correct positions.

The easiest way to align the HUD is to use the Arrow Buttons (< >) on the Table Averages HUD to rotate your HUD where it belongs.

After you have installed postgresql 9.0:

Logging:

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

HTML Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr'    # Valid values are combinations of
              # stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
              # depending on platform. csvlog
              # requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
    logging_collector = off    # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point.

Regarding database maintenance:

You should regularly vacuum/reindex your database if using notecaddy but you should NOT ever defrag your SSD's (I assume you probably know this but posting it in case anyone else reads this).

how do i replace postgres 9.1 with 9.0 - have downloaded the installer from the postgres site, but my spidey senses are tingling with imminent occurance of huge database cluster fuck about to occur when i try and uninstall / reinstall the new one?

Also 9.1 seems to be working fine, howver its just the stats goin out of position thats the problem - please note that the stats are fine when i am playing with a small database they never skip out of position over an entire hour session its only when i use the large database the problem occurs - the HUD is setup without autocentre and with the correct seating positions.

Should add here that your HEM Pokerstars seating tutoral is out of date, http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...or+Poker+Stars
    nearly everyone has updated to using the new Stars Nova (full tilt style) theme that has hero seat in the bottom centre of the table on a 6 max / HU / FR table (obv the easiest / best place for your hero to sit), however that is not covered in your seating tutorial diagrams where you have to always choose bottom left or bottom right. Some clarification on this would be appreciated.
    Last edited by SW_Kaizer; 11-29-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Well HUD seems to be working fine now i have tuned it up - still using 9.1 postgres not gonna change it cos its working fine

Quote Originally Posted by SW_Kaizer View Post
    how do i replace postgres 9.1 with 9.0 - have downloaded the installer from the postgres site, but my spidey senses are tingling with imminent occurance of huge database cluster fuck about to occur when i try and uninstall / reinstall the new one?
    The only way to do this that I am aware of is to manually recreate your database after uninstalling 9.1 and reinstalling 9.0. I don't think you can backup/restore a database to a previous version. You can backup the player/hand notes from the HM2 Backup menu and [x] Skip Database so that they can be restored to the new database after you have imported the original hand histories.

Based on what is said in your next quote below you can hold off on doing the above and save that as a last resort if we can't get this solved some other way and have run out of things to try.

Also 9.1 seems to be working fine, howver its just the stats goin out of position thats the problem - please note that the stats are fine when i am playing with a small database they never skip out of position over an entire hour session its only when i use the large database the problem occurs - the HUD is setup without autocentre and with the correct seating positions.
    This part is really odd to me. I think we should start with a log file and if you could create a video during the logging process that shows your windows clock it would be extremely helpful so that we can use the windows clock that is shown in the video with your zoom HUD to narrow down which section of the log file we are looking for problems in.

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

Please reproduce the problem and attach:
    - a short video using TechSmith | Jing, Free Screenshot and Screencast Software or Screencast-O-Matic - Free online screen recorder for instant screen capture video sharing.
    - if the video is too big for email you can share it via screencast, dropbox, or filedropper, and send us a link to watch it.
    - try to include your windows clock in the video
    - Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    - Please attach your prefs.xml file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Co nfig.
    - and your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    - If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Should add here that your HEM Pokerstars seating tutoral is out of date, http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...or+Poker+Stars
    nearly everyone has updated to using the new Stars Nova (full tilt style) theme that has hero seat in the bottom centre of the table on a 6 max / HU / FR table (obv the easiest / best place for your hero to sit), however that is not covered in your seating tutorial diagrams where you have to always choose bottom left or bottom right. Some clarification on this would be appreciated.
    Thank you. I have added it to our laundry list of faqs that need to be updated.

ok shipped the vid and log to support

edit: original email got returned? anyway sent it direct to fozzy hopefull it gets there now, let me know
    Last edited by SW_Kaizer; 12-06-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SW_Kaizer View Post
    ok shipped the vid and log to support

edit: original email got returned? anyway sent it direct to fozzy hopefull it gets there now, let me know
    Did you attach the video to the email? I don't see any emails in my inbox or by searching your forum user name so the attachments were likely too big for our email system.

Please upload the attachments to a file hosting site like dropbox or filedropper and send us the download link.

its only a 25MB file which is standard for yahoo / gmail email services will resend now to support@holdemmanager.com

its zipped folder using winrar pretty standard these days
    Last edited by SW_Kaizer; 12-06-2013 at 03:05 PM.

25mb is too big for our email service I think. I am not sure what the upper limit is but we have had emails with smaller attachments not make it through. Please upload it to a file hosting service and email us the download link.

ok guys, started playing a bunch of zoom again lately, HUD is still moving about in very weird fashion, here's a live vid (i forgot to include the comp clock in the recording but can 100% guarentee that it was showing 15:38 to 15:42 for the session which i have just recorded about 2 mins ago).

Anyway here is a video recording of the HUD moving around during play (click the little wheel btm right corner for higher quality btw) hudtrouble - YouTube

The problem occurs at the following time stamps: 0:16s-0:19s / 1:07s-1:16s / 1:43s-1:47s

Attached are my log file for the HUD movements, and the HHs from the session.

log.rar

Export Holdem Manager 2.0 02122014154439.txt

The problem seems more frequent when playing 6 tables, but i just played 4 for this recording, it also seems to last longer for each occurance when 6 tabling.
    Last edited by SW_Kaizer; 02-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.