hands start to import slower
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hands start to import slower

hi
    i bought SSD disk and at first hands were importing ~400h/s, now they import ~17-65h/s.
    I vs made full vacum+reindex. Every month i create new data base. I have 50% free space on my disk.

This is to be expected as your database grows larger but it shouldn't happen as significantly if you are creating a new database. The import speed can also be affected by file type (site) and game type (cash vs tournament).

What is your CPU? How much RAM? What brand/size of SSD?

Are you deleting your old databases each month?

What types of readings do you get with CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World

proesor AMD Phenom II X4 3,2 ghz
    8gb ram
    250 GB (system + HM2)
    --------------------------------------------------
    CrystalDiskMark 2.2 (C) 2007-2008 hiyohiyo
    Crystal Dew World : Crystal Dew World
    --------------------------------------------------

Sequential Read : 207.742 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 181.443 MB/s
    Random Read 512KB : 186.406 MB/s
    Random Write 512KB : 158.591 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB : 21.320 MB/s
    Random Write 4KB : 36.578 MB/s

Test Size : 100 MB
    Date : 2013/11/28 22:16:05

I get similar/slower speeds on my intel x25 160gb SSD that is 3+ years old:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
    Crystal Dew World : Crystal Dew World
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    * MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 257.931 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 92.183 MB/s
    Random Read 512KB : 208.292 MB/s
    Random Write 512KB : 73.542 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 20.736 MB/s [ 5062.4 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 36.106 MB/s [ 8814.9 IOPS]
    Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 190.026 MB/s [ 46392.9 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 67.539 MB/s [ 16489.0 IOPS]

Test : 100 MB [C: 52.0% (77.5/148.9 GB)] (x5)
    Date : 2013/11/29 10:12:04

What site are the hands from? Cash games or Tournaments? Can you send us a month or two of hands from your archive for testing?

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

When sending any hand history files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is too big to attach to an email please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox or filedropper and send us the download link.

Were you able to find the solution? now my hands import a little bit faster (116h/s) but its still worse than it used to be.

Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
    Try tweaking your postgresql.config file, read the postgresql.config tweaking section at:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

hi,
    im using PostgreSQL 8.4.
    Yesterday i have turned off indexin and today i want to play zoom. PS were automaticly update. I run 2 tables but only on one i had a stats ( i would like to play today ). On other table HM was communicating that hands are being importing.

Were can i found HMimport.exe. ? I have used file searching but i wasnt able to find it.
    When i've started importing there was only HoldemManager.exe running as a task. I was trying to change the priority o task but i was informed that operation cant be finished. access denied.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boozecruise View Post
    hi,
    im using PostgreSQL 8.4.
    Yesterday i have turned off indexin and today i want to play zoom. PS were automaticly update. I run 2 tables but only on one i had a stats ( i would like to play today ). On other table HM was communicating that hands are being importing.

Were can i found HMimport.exe. ? I have used file searching but i wasnt able to find it.
    When i've started importing there was only HoldemManager.exe running as a task. I was trying to change the priority o task but i was informed that operation cant be finished. access denied.
    cheers
    hmimport.exe is a HM1 process. This is originally a HM1 thread and is in the HM1 forums so some suggestions like that won't apply to HM2.

For the access denied issue try to make sure the permissions for the \Holdem Manager 2 folder is not read only - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use

The HUD problems you mention are likely unrelated to your import speed issues. Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

Please reproduce the problem and attach:
    - a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - a hand history for the table
    - a screenshot of the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the picture
    - Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    - and your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    - If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Please zip and email the requested files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

hi,
    my hud is working properly now. I have just turn on HM2 and PS, and thats it.

After changing my HM priority on highest ist now importing hands like 216h/s. So its better. Can I do something else to speed up hands importing? On the begining it was more than 400h/s.

Thx a lot for your help.

Decrease in import speeds is normal.
    All you can do is tweak the postgresql.config settings.

(and if you'd have a normal non-ssd harddisk, vacuum/analyse/reindex of the database, and defragging the harddisk also helps)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here