HM2 Ramcap
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HM2 Ramcap

Default HM2 Ramcap

Can I get the infamous ram cap instructions on a PM? I have 32GB RAM and mostly they sit there free whenever I'm doing something poker-related, I want to mess arround and see if I can gain something by tweaking it. (I know, I'll be on my own).

The default and minimum Static (ProcessWorkingSetBase) memory cap is set to 350mb and the default Dynamic (ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount) is set to 400mb per 1mil hands.

The base/static cap is set to 350mb and Dynamic cap is 400mb per 1mil hands if you don't edit the config file. These values are hard-coded into the program and are not part of the config file by default. If you want to edit these values you need to add the code below to your config file and make changes from the default values.

The base/static cap can not currently be set any lower than 350mb regardless of how you edit the HoldemManager.config file but it can be increased above 350. The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.

Before you make any changes to your C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Ho ldemManager.config file please copy/paste a copy of the file to your desktop as a backup.

If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'HoldemManager'. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. FAQ - Hold'em Manager (HM1) Poker Tracking Software :: How to See Hidden Files in Windows

Leaving your config file alone is the same as putting in the following code:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" /> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="400" />

If you wanted to try smaller dynamic cap of say 200mb per 1 mil hands you would change it to:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" />

If you wanted to make it a static 350mb cap you would change it to this:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />

Editing the first line to less than '350' would have no effect on the base/static cap.

From there you could increase the static cap to 500mb without any dynamic per hand capping by changing the config to:

Code:
      <Section Name="General"> 
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" /> 

If you have any problems or make any incorrect edits to the config file you can delete the file and it will be recreated with all default values/settings. If you had any custom settings such as archive folders you can then copy them from the \Desktop copy you made earlier or just copy/paste the entire file from your \Desktop to replace the default or improperly edited file in the \HoldemManager folder.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

What is the maximum amount for:
    <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="x" />
    I have already set it to 2GB and any higher value results in hm2 crash.
    I noticed speed improvement after setting this option, but when playing 4x zoom with NC edge ultimate I have to restart my computer after every 2 hours of playing.
    So is there or will be an option to increase ProcessWorkingSetBase even more?

Quote Originally Posted by ziollos View Post
    What is the maximum amount for:

I have already set it to 2GB and any higher value results in hm2 crash.
    I noticed speed improvement after setting this option, but when playing 4x zoom with NC edge ultimate I have to restart my computer after every 2 hours of playing.
    So is there or will be an option to increase ProcessWorkingSetBase even more?
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetBase is 2100000000
    - The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount is 850

What is your ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount set to? Have you tried setting it to 0 yet? Others with similar amounts of ram have had good results with these settings:

Code:
        <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" /> 

My config is:
    <Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="2000000000" />
    And still after 2h of playing i have to restart computer (i5 3gen, 8GB ram, 128GB ssd samsung 830)

Try setting ProcessWorkingSetBase to 500000000 and see if it helps.

I tried 500000000 before and didn't notice any change vs default config. I'm playing 4x zoom with NC EDGE, thus 2GB ram cap may be too small for this purpose.

We have plenty of customers that 4 table zoom with NCE without ever having to adjust/edit/increase the ram cap.

Please create and send NC logs as explained in this FAQ - How to make logs and send it to support - Assaultware Wiki

Actually I have been waiting for email answer since a week and nobody replied. I'm posting my problem here. Hope somebody will help

My notebook: i5 3gen, 8GB ram, 128GB ssd samsung 830

I'm playing 4x zoom 6max. Preloading notes before play.

I enabled all of the notes from NCE after reading that amount of notes only affects note creation time, not hud performance.

And now I'm unable to play, hud shows players names with 2min delay. HM2 uses 5GB of ram during play.

Ram-cap set to max amount.
    Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-h...it?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-hgSOVNly4MT0hzMzJNUzBad1YwR1ZPek5zcXhfOFNKTHEw/edit?usp=sharing
    Last edited by ziollos; 01-19-2014 at 09:03 AM.

I do not see any recent emails in our system from the email associated with this forum account. We reply to all emails within 24 hours most of the time so please check your spam/junk inboxes as our emails often get filtered there.

I am not familiar with reading notecaddy logs so those should be posted on the notecaddy forums if you think notecaddy is the cause of your problems.

If you disable notecaddy in the HUD Settings > HUD Designer and play with it disabled are things better? How many stats are in your HUD? How many of those stats are notecaddy stats/definitions? Have you tried all of the steps on this FAQ and checked for slow definitions?

Can you please post your config file and hm2 log file here so I can see your ram cap settings? How big is your database and how much free space do you have on the SSD? Are you using any notecaddy packages like edge or advantage? Do you have any custom definitions you made yourself?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F