Bsod?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bsod?

Default Bsod?

I've had lots of blue screen of death lately, which is weird since I cant remember having any BSOD's with or without HEM in the past with my PC.. Now it happens practically several times a day, but only when using HEM2.

For example, today played in PS tournaments for couple of hours, then when clicking refresh in the tournaments hand history section - BOOM, BSOD. Well, restart PC, launch PS, launch HEM2, click to reports tab BOOM - BSOD. Same routine one more time, same results. Now playing in PS without HEM, no problems.

Updated the antivirus software too (avast internet sec), but crashs happen only when running HEM, and that instant BSOD after rebooting PC when launching HEM (x2) clearly suggests it has something to do with HEM.

Any advice? Cant manage without my HUD

-1 create a new empty database, and reimport your hands.
    (suggesting a corruption in your old database, or a bad cluster on your harddisk which acts up when HoldemManager tries to read data from the PostgreSQL database)

-2 run a chkdisk/scandisk on your drive, to look for bad clusters

-3 if 1/2 don't resolve it, reinstall PostgreSQL.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thanks for your help!

Guess the problems are indeed somehow linked to database, since creating a new one and using it is totally BSOD-free.

The only problem is, that I'm noob enough to not know how to import hands from old DB to the new one. Tried to manually import them from HEM Archive, but it didn't import any hands, only files (??). No old tournaments / cash-games in the reports page. I'm sure there is some guide somewhere here in the forum for this?

Run a import from folder on your archive folder, C:/HM2Archive.

If you're still missing hands, go to the old database--> Home tab--> Database--> export all your hands.
    Then import them into the new database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Dont know what was the problem with importing hands (it said files imported 45 028 or what ever the number was, hands imported 0) , just created one more new DB and everything went smoothly.

Thanks again for the help!

Hate to bring this topic back, but the problem didnt go away after all

I did what you suggested above, ran CHDISK and re-installed the postgresql. Still getting BSOD's, even when I created completely new database to get stats for the tournament I was currently playing.. I'm starting to suspect that the problem isn't HEM, but on the other hand the crashes only occur when using it. Is there any way to confirm what is causing the BSOD's? Anything else I can do, can I install for example older version of HEM to see if it runs normally?

BSOD's are caused by hardware or faulty overclock settings.

Please see this guide to finding the error code for BSOD:

How To Find Bsod Error Messages - Microsoft Windows Mini-Guides

You can then google Stop 0x + the last 4 digits to find more information on the cause of the particular BSOD.

They are caused by hardware - typically overheating, RAM, Hard disk drive, or bad overclock settings.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks for your advice, I will try to find out whats going on with these guides when the next BSOD happens (which will soon, I'm afraid).

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    They are caused by hardware - typically overheating, RAM, Hard disk drive, or bad overclock settings.
    Yep, that sort of problems I guess is behind it. I'm just puzzled how this began to happen all of a sudden, I've had the same hardware setup for couple of years and no BSOD's at all (still good hardware though, not any stoneage crap ). I'll study the guides and see what I can learn, thanks!

Is it a desktop or laptop?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Is it a desktop or laptop?
    I've a desktop computer, with Vista 64bit OS. I downloaded the debugging tools and ran an anylaze for a minidump-file, and there was something about Vista drivers?

Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003c2a080
    GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003c2a160
    fffffa60097f0000

FAULTING_IP:
    nt!PspGetSetContextInternal+396
    fffff800`03ce5e2e 488b28 mov rbp,qword ptr [rax]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: HoldemManager.e