Postgres size
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postgres size

Default Postgres size

In my uninstall programs my postgreSQL 8.4 program is taking up 108gb! this seems like it is a lot. The folders in the drive only amount to 15 gb or so. My DB has 150k max my own hands and a few mil imported hh's that i bought. Does this sound reasonable?

My ssd is getting really full now.

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

I am sorry but we do not support datamined hands because it is against the TOS of poker sites. But fyi, Datamined hands = more players = bigger db usually.

Windows Control Panel---> Programs--> PostgreSQL taking up 108 GB is a false claim.
    For some reason Windows is unable to properly detect the size of PostgreSQL.

More likely your database is about 25 GB.
    15 GB in the C:/Program Files(86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder and
    10 GB in the C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Database folder.

--

1 million hands take up =
    HM1: 6.8 GB
    HM2: 4.3 GB
    PT4: 13.6 GB
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Is there any way to rectify this? It may recognise it as more than it is, but it still fills my drive regardless.

Make a "Vacuum Full", then "Reindex" and again a "Vacuume Full" in your postgres-admin. Like this you will get a lot of place back.

Quote Originally Posted by karstenkloss View Post
    Make a "Vacuum Full", then "Reindex" and again a "Vacuume Full" in your postgres-admin. Like this you will get a lot of place back.
    Ok thanks for the tip. Can any of the HEM staff endorse this process before I try it please?

Also, how do you do it? I opened PG admin III and I cant seem to see anything. I have never gone "under the bonnet" of PG so I have no idea what to do.

In PGadmin double-click on the postgresql (localhost xy), click on databases, select your database in the right window, right-click with your mouse, choose maintainance in the drop-down-menue. Then:

Vacuume (check the "full" under it)

after vacuume same procedure, only choose now "Reindex" in the menue

repeat Vacuume

Be happy about gained space No risks!

Yes, vacuum/reindex the database.... but....
    if you have a 15 GB database (15 GB in the PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder) you will also need about 10-15 GB of free disk in order to perform the vacuum/reindex, so make sure you have enough free disk space before you perform the maintenance in pgadminIII.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hmm, I am using 9.2. PG admin doesnt seem to work with it. there are no databases visible and i get a lot of error dialogs.

Try using 9.0. (9.0 64-bit if your Windows is also 64-bit and has more than 3 GB RAM)