Error installing database

Default Error installing database

hello
    I had to take the computer to the technician to change the motherboard and step updated the operating system to Windows 7, since I can not install the Postgres database.
    I've tried installing everything together from holdem manager page and when it gets near the end of the installation of the database fails and I uninstalled the installation if you reach the end.
    I've also tried installing the database alone and nothing comes near the end when I get the message uninstall
    Disable the firewall, I deleted the antivirus and no longer anything to do .. someone has passed something?

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:

1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.

2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
    This means: if you have Russian (or French, or else) Windows - your PC name possibly contains "non-english" letters.
    Like "Вася-PC" or "Rene-PC"
    The same with windows username. Or spaces in the name.
    Postgres doesn't like that - and won't run as a result of it.

3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
    This is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services.

4) UAC = OFF ( How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life )

5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. You can enable them again after installing HM2 and Postgres.

6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.

7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB

8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.

9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.

10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
    Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
    net user postgres /del
    exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.

11) Run all pokerclients "as admin".

12) Finally, if you use the automatic combo install in Holdem Manager to install HM and PostgreSQL together. If you run into the problem, password "postgrespass" does not comply with domain password requirements. Please manually install PostgreSQL and enter another password to make it work. PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the issue and attach your log.txt file in an email to support with a link to this thread.-

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Support%3Fyes