Postgres;(

Thread: Postgres;(

Default Postgres;(

Ok guys here's my story.

i keep trying to install this program and it just does not work....each time i try to install it simply says it cannot be instaled...

i tried the psql that comes with the normal download...and the 2 psql that are in the FAQ section....same result

the firewall and antivirus are off...

I wish i can provide you with some more infos but i really suck at these things...i need guidance.

i just bought HM2 and this program tilted me more than any bad beat

PostgreSQL, could not install ....that is the message i keep getting

Hi,

If your windows user name has any unique 'cyrillic characters' you will need to create a new windows user and install postgresql under that user. Then you can delete the windows user once it is working. Create a new windows user in the Control Panel > User Accounts. Make sure it is an Administrator account. Log in to the new 'temporary' windows user account, and install postgresql using our combo installer:

Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation.

http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HMBu...ager2Setup.exe

Once PostgreSQL has been installed successfully you can switch back to your normal windows user account and delete the 'temporary' user from the Control Panel > User Accounts.

If the steps above are not the solution: This is usually a firewall or windows update issue. Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager. Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please make sure your updated to the latest version, go to settings > Check for updates
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...ender+Problems
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.
    If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...ender+Problems
    Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel. Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
    1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator
    3) Tpe net user postgres /delete
    4) reboot.
    5) Install PostgreSQL 8.3.9 from this link - Hold'Em Manager Poker Software - Poker Tracking and Analysis Software it to a new path such as C:\PostgreSQL\8.3 instead of the default installation path.)

Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, you can do so here: Leave Feedback

ok....one problem that i have with all this plan is that somehow i cannot check for updates for windows and also i cannot install the microsoft security essentials...i have the feeling this might be a bigger problem than psql

Somehow i've managed to solve the problem..and now i have HM2 running....

Of course now there's another problem.....the HUD keeps waiting for hands. i see the hands are saved and they show up in the reports but not on the table....

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stancioius View Post
    Somehow i've managed to solve the problem..and now i have HM2 running....

Of course now there's another problem.....the HUD keeps waiting for hands. i see the hands are saved and they show up in the reports but not on the table....
    Please make sure the hand history folder path in the poker client and the HM2 Hand Importing > Auto Import Folder paths both match and the hand histories are being saved in English.
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Import+Folders

Next make sure the Hand Importing > Site Time Adjustments have been set correctly.
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ime+Adjustment

Finally view the following FAQ. If this does not solve the problem, please answer all the questions at the bottom of the FAQ to help us narrow down the issue. The more questions you answer the quicker we can narrow down the issue and provide a solution.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+does+not+work