hold'em manager API
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hold'em manager API

Hi,

I'm thinking of building a custom HM2 app. Initially I want to make it for personal use only, but I might consider making it commercial later.

Are there any API docs available to get started with this? Ideally I would like to re-use components such as graphs, tables, replayer, etc as well as access to your 'datagrid' layer.

Thanks!

There are no docs, but he have a ticket HM-5317 to make a public API feature for third-party developers.
    Though I have no eta when this will be released.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    There are no docs, but he have a ticket HM-5317 to make a public API feature for third-party developers.
    Though I have no eta when this will be released.
    So how does software like tiltbuster, notecaddy do this?

No looking for anything extensive btw.. Just some entrypoints and auto generated docs based on sourcecode.

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs. They will be in touch shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by oerman View Post
    So how does software like tiltbuster, notecaddy do this?

No looking for anything extensive btw.. Just some entrypoints and auto generated docs based on sourcecode.
    Official HM Apps like TB and NC get access to our source code. This isn't something we can do for every 3rd party developer obviously.

In the near future HM2 will have a HMQL (Holdem Manager Query Language) which we will expose for programmers and third party developers to access the HM2 database. This might help in doing what you want to do but it is all a bit over my head to be honest so I am not sure if it will do exactly what you want. We will begin to expose this HMQL feature after our next release but it will be a slow process as we expose parts of it and document it in our FAQs, and then expose/document more of it in the future.

You can read more about that here - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feat...ml#post1509441

HMQL sounds useful, although probably not sufficient for what I want to achieve. I'm hoping to build an app that allows me to review sessions in a more structured way. Things that I want do to: recording alternative lines, mark different types of mistakes, missed value, etc. I know that this is partially possible in the current software, but I want it much more detailed. By recording it I'm also hoping to use it as a learning tool that allows users to track their progress visualizing mistakes made in certain areas, and hopefully seeing declines of mistakes made, etc.
    Last edited by oerman; 11-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.

I think you are going to have to wait for HMQL and go from there to know how well it will do what you want. Once HMQL is released, more and more parts of HM will be exposed to HMQL as we expand on the initial HMQL release.

Any news?

I've added your email address to the ticket, so you'll be automatically notified when this is added.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    I've added your email address to the ticket, so you'll be automatically notified when this is added.
    Where can I subscribe to the ticket, such that I will be notified on updates?