How to free database space or delete the database?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to free database space or delete the database?

I use a 120g SSD hard disk, but a HM2 db is used the 60g space, it's only 2g empty space left.
    How to free the db space, or delete the old db?

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...DeleteDatabase

To delete the database, you ALSO have to delete the

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Database folder

To quickly get 10-15 GB of diskspace back:
    run CCleaner, and also move your Windows pagefile to a different drive and turn off hibernation..
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Hi, i also want to free some space on my hard drive. My data base is takein me 22gb( thats what hm2 is saying) but the space taken is biger than that. I have imported some hands in the past but i also purge them and vacumm it. When i import the hands let's say in january i imported 5gb of hands and when i purge/vacumm it free's only 2gb or something like that. I don't use note caddy but i use it before. Please let me know what do i have to delete to free some space and what is a normal data base size for HM2 to work normally, mine is 22gb as i said before. Thank you.

General rule is 1 million hands = 10 GB.

In reality 1 million hands =
    HM1: 6.8 GB
    HM2: 4.3 GB
    PT4: 13.6 GB

I like to use 1 million = 10 GB (instead of 4.3 GB) because when you want to perform a vacuum/analyse or backup/restore a database it will require a LOT of disk space to perform such a task.

How many hands are in your database? Do you have multiple databases (databases you don't use anymore)?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I don't know where to look in hm2 for the total no of hands. I personally have like 300k hands but i also imported some. I have only one database. So, to free some space, what are the steps i need to take and how many GB do i have to have in may database? Thank you.

-1 Since you were using NoteCaddy before--> in NoteCaddy delete the notes it took (NoteCaddy--> File--> Reset Notes)

-2 Delete your PostgreSQL log files: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...heres-how.html

-3 1 million hands is only taking up 4 GB, so check on your computer where (in which folder) this 60 GB is actually located.
    What's the size of your Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/base folder
    Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/pg_log folder
    C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ folder?

Hi again, i didn;t start a new thread cos' the question is in the same area. My HM2 database is 23GB, i use to import hands in the past but my owns hands are 360k. I purge all the hands apart from mine and also go to maintenance/database optimization/FULL-vacuum after i purge the hands. To purge the hands, it took me more than 15 hours but the database is the same size after that, still 23GB. Have i done something wrong? As you said in the post above, it should be less than 10gb for 360k hands.

Did you check the size after restarting? It might not show the right size until you close and restart HM2.

You can also clear the note caddy data.

1) Please open PGAdminIII (Start - Postgres)

2) Enter your pw (default is postgrespass)

3) Open databases - expand DB name - expand schemas - expand public - expand Tables

4) Choose notecaddy_data, notecaddy_scatter, right click - delete

5) Run the vacuum on the database again.

6) Restart HM2

PGAdmin info screen looks like this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...dbrky/null.png

When removing this many hands, it is best to create a new database, and import just the hands you wish to import. Please note that we do not support datamining.

Please create a new database.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the green + sign

3) Name it, click ok.

4) Import the hands from c:\hm2archive
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

If i make a new database and export/import hero hands, will my player notes be kept? What do i have to do to keep player notes on the new database?

No, you'll have to export the notes separately.
    Go to the Home tab--> Database--> Backup:
    select: skip database
    only select: player notes/ hand notes.

Then in the new database.
    First reimport all your hands.

Then Home tab--> Database--> Restore--> skip database (only restore configs) restore the notes.