Installing HEM 2 with Hem 1 already on same computer

Default Installing HEM 2 with Hem 1 already on same computer

Hi,

I have HEM 1 running on a computer and want to intall HEM 2 on the same computer. Do I download the HEM 2 with or without postgres ? Is there any other things I need to know to run both on one machine

Install HM2 without (reinstalling) PostreSQL.

Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...tml#post446601
    enabling you to run both simultaneously.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thx,

Before I install it I have one other question. This computer is a about 6 months old windows 7 machine. When I got it and tried to install HEM 1 and there was a problem with installing the postgres. HEM support suggested other postgres installers and I got it to work with the postgres 8.2 installer. ( Below I will paste the email response from HEM support so you know what I'm talking about).

Anyway , So on this computer I now have two versions of postgres, an 8.4 version and a 8.2 version. I am not 100% sure which version HEM 1 is working off and where my DB is stored. How do I check this? i want to be sure it isn't infact working off 8.4 and I have this mixed up, I don't want to lose my DB, so I need to double check this.

I want to check this because I want to delete the version thats just sitting on my computer not doing anything and confusing me everytime I do DB maintainece. So how do i go about identifing which version isn't being used and then completely uninstalling/deleteing it off my machine?

I want to do this before I install HEM 2. will any of this cause a problem for me installing HEM 2?

Thx ,

Here is the email:

"Hello,
    If our combo installer failed to install PostgreSQL please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:

net user postgres /delete

You should get a confirmation if it was successful.

If that doesn’t work try installing this version of PostgreSQL – http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/Pos...3.9-v1.0.7.exe

If that installer also fails try this one it should work http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/down...l-8.2.20-1.zip

It is not necessary to turn UAC off but you must make sure certain your user is an administrator and also that certain files are run as an administrator. For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator. You can also delete the postgres user that was created via your control panel. If you have any further problems let me know.

Regards
    RDB"

Check the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) list.

I would expect that you are using 8.2. The postgresql 8.4 you see listed in PGAdmin is from the old installation that did not work. I am not sure how to remove it from the pgadmin list/tree, but it shouldnt cause you any technical problems.

All of the hands in your HM1 database can be exported manually - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...6+Export+Hands

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Thx fozzy,

I checked the control panel add / remove programs list. both versions of postgres are there. One odd thing I noticed was under "size" 8.2 was listed as 76.7 MB. 8.4 was listed as 108GB.

Not sure if that info is relevant. I also expect that I am using 8.2. I want to be sure before I go deleting 8.4 though. How can I check which version I am acutally usisng?

thx

The value of 108 GB is false.
    Control Panel--> Add / Remove Programs isn't able to show the correct value of the database size.
    (to check the actual size, check what the size is of the Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/ folder)

To see which version you're using:
    Run pgadminIII (in the PostgreSQL 8.4/8.2/ folder)
    And you'll see a screen like, where you can exactly which version is running from which port:

Click on the database--> login--> (password: postgrespass)--> and you can also see which databases there are.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

thx Patvs, I'm still not sure, it appears I am running both versions. I'm not sure what your mean by "running from which port". They both have the same local host number. Even if I know there port numbers how do I tell which one is my HEM db?

here is a screen shot of my PG admin 3:

PG admin 3 ss.png

Go to: control panel > administrative tools > services.
    Find PostgreSQL.

Check which PostgreSQL version is running (Status = Started).