Dynamic hud
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic hud

Default Dynamic hud

Hi.

I've suggested this a couple of times now over the last year/ year and a half, but I don't plan to give up. Could you please let me know what you (exactly) need to get this done:

Make the hud more dynamic:

1. Filter based on number of players. This works fine today. [edit] Add changing hud based on # of players more then for HU, non HU. This I know you consider.

2. Filter based on blind level. Does not exist today.

3. Filter based on stack sizes. Filters are available but are not flexible enough, especially for the interval 13-20bb. Preferably these filters would be completely open so one can choose according to ones personal liking/ preferences.

*I know your concerns are that a) this would maybe make some new users confused over all the posibilities and b) filters such as these requires massive sample sizes. Both are void imo. SNG's today is not as SNG's in 2005. These types of filters should be mandatory for a hud provider as HEM2 is.

There is also another small issue. Many players today raise eg. 63 instead of 60 at t30, making the mr stat useless. Having a small raise stat instead where you can set what you consider a small raise to be (eg 2,1 or 2,7) should be released asap! I don't understand how you can live with this knowledge and not instantly fix it! If not a new small raise stat, the mr stat itself should have an option to be changed from the standard 2x to whatever you prefer x.

Thank you for listening, now please take action dear Sirs and Miss's at the HEM company!
    Last edited by Alexnorge; 09-11-2014 at 04:10 AM.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

you can do all that with notecaddy

Yes, but a dynamic hud .... is sooo much better and if you know nc, and why I'm saying this, you know I'm right ... so please, don't just come in here with 1 sentence that is just facepalm-bombing worse then IS.

But it is true. You may argue that this true is not interesting enough, but you can't hide from it with things like "facepalm-bombing".

All you named above, to the last word, can be done in Notecaddy. You can make exactly dynamic HUD there, which will automatically replace stats, depending on whatever you put there as conditions, almost no limitations. And counting small raises together with min raises as well, it is the most easiest thing to do.

Of course it would be better, if somebody else would do it for you, but as it is now, the choice is very simple - wait forever without it, or make it any day and have it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst_Kh View Post
    But it is true. You may argue that this true is not interesting enough, but you can't hide from it with things like "facepalm-bombing".

All you named above, to the last word, can be done in Notecaddy. You can make exactly dynamic HUD there, which will automatically replace stats, depending on whatever you put there as conditions, almost no limitations. And counting small raises together with min raises as well, it is the most easiest thing to do.

Of course it would be better, if somebody else would do it for you, but as it is now, the choice is very simple - wait forever without it, or make it any day and have it right away.
    I beg to differ. Let me explain why to you so that you understand. I take it you do not play sngs or hypers?

With NC you CAN make it. I agree, BUT you do not get a dynamic hud that way. What you DO get is a bunch of pop ups......... because, and here is the main twist and the whole reason this thread exists; you cannot have all those nc notes you need for diff # of players, diff # of stack sizes and diff # of blind levels automatically come up in the main hud. You need to have this in pop ups. Pop ups are slow and hard to use when multitabling.

Don't be a facepalmer too, get why adding a better filtering system to HEM would propel this software into the future (or moreover actually aligned into todays sng environment) instead of just staying put and stating: all is ok. Because trust me, it's not.......

Again. I do not expect you to get any of this if you do not play hypers or sngs. Thus the facepalm of so easily disregarding the request and stating that NC is the solution. It is not. It will never be. So please please please, what will it take for the HEM2 guys to implement these filters for the main hud. I'm just asking. As a customer using HEM for several years, playing thousands of SNGs and hey even being nice enough to give you pointers on how to propel past any old AND new compeptitors on the market. What will it take? Money? Enough customers asking for it? If so, how many? Time? If so, how long? Honestly, what will it take?

Take it fwiw. Or keep stating that NC is the solution. It doesn't make it any more correct.

Last edited by Alexnorge; 09-09-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexnorge View Post
    I beg to differ. Let me explain why to you so that you understand.
    Thank you for detailed explanations. I am pleased that you spent so much time on that. But once again, let me ask you something: what is your goal with all this? Do you want to have dynamic HUD working asap? Or do you really more interested in just being right and prove all your positions instead of having this HUD? Maybe you just don't want to spend any time for studying NC inwards or make several hundred stats yourself? In last case you may simply hire someone to do the job for you, or modify the existing commercial HUD for SNG to your needs.
    Don't be a facepalmer too, get why adding a better filtering system to HEM would propel this software into the future (or moreover actually aligned into todays sng environment) instead of just staying put and stating: all is ok. Because trust me, it's not.......
    I absolutely agree with you here. And of course it would be super nice, if all things which i want to have will be miraculously done by somebody else. The question is, again, while you are facing the present reality as it is, without dynamic HUD and any hope to have it in before 2015 or even 2016+, what are you goind to do? What your intentions are?
    I take it you do not play sngs or hypers?
    Again. I do not expect you to get any of this
    I did played SNGs for some period, but stopped somewhere below 1k total, now playing only cash and MTT occasionally, but how is this relevant? If i would never play SNG, i still could give you a good answer, if my knowledge of NC were good enough. But thanks for your efforts – i get it now, i forget, that NC still can't use number of players at the table and their real time stack sizes as conditions for dynamic HUD stats changing. Yet.
    Or keep stating that NC is the solution. It doesn't make it any more correct.
    I will not keep now, once you pointed out my mistake , but it actually remains correct, at least for my needs, because i made my HUD partially dynamic and some day it might be almost all dynamic, if I beat my laziness. And i rarely open popups, because i currently have 130 stats for each player at the HUD and i found a way to add 40+ more stats with full comfort of big HUD font at small tables sizes for tiled tables at normal monitor - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feat...ignment-2.html

But that is for 6-max of course. Still, it could be done to have 100+ stats for each player at 9-10-max tables without any overlapses or discomfort at small tables, which will significantly decrease the frequency of opening any popups. Even if this solution will be not be very dynamic, it still partially reaches the goal - you may have "dynamic info" from most used popups right at the HUD, even if each stat takes 6 to 12 simbols.

While if you do table stacking, then you can easily get it over 200 for each player.

Thus, even if "NC solution" would be far from ideal, it will still be way better, than current present reality. Or you may just wait until somebody else do the job someday. What you prefer?

I just recalled, that NC actually already can automatically switch stats at the HUD, when number of players changes, it could be set in Partitions tab for each stat. Also, there is Avarage Stack autoswitcher at that tab, which also might be put to some use.

Thus, only thing you need to do is to devide "each stat" for different stack sizes and this "bad NC solution" will be already half dynamic. Today. And might be even better soon.

Thank you for detailed explanations. I am pleased that you spent so much time on that. But once again, let me ask you something: what is your goal with all this? Do you want to have dynamic HUD working asap? Or do you really more interested in just being right and prove all your positions instead of having this HUD? Maybe you just don't want to spend any time for studying NC inwards or make several hundred stats yourself? In last case you may simply hire someone to do the job for you, or modify the existing commercial HUD for SNG to your needs.

I absolutely agree with you here. And of course it would be super nice, if all things which i want to have will be miraculously done by somebody else. The question is, again, while you are facing the present reality as it is, without dynamic HUD and any hope to have it in before 2015 or even 2016+, what are you goind to do? What your intentions are?

I did played SNGs for some period, but stopped somewhere below 1k total, now playing only cash and MTT occasionally, but how is this relevant? If i would never play SNG, i still could give you a good answer, if my knowledge of NC were good enough. But thanks for your efforts – i get it now, i forget, that NC still can't use number of players at the table and their real time stack sizes as conditions for dynamic HUD stats changing. Yet.

I will not keep now, once you pointed out my mistake , but it actually remains correct, at least for my needs, because i made my HUD partially dynamic and some day it might be almost all dynamic, if I beat my laziness. And i rarely open popups, because i currently have 130 stats for each player at the HUD and i found a way to add 40+ more stats with full comfort of big HUD font at small tables sizes for tiled tables at normal monitor - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feat...ignment-2.html

But that is for 6-max of course. Still, it could be done to have 100+ stats for each player at 9-10-max tables without any overlapses or discomfort at small tables, which will significantly decrease the frequency of opening any popups. Even if this solution will be not be very dynamic, it still partially reaches the goal - you may have "dynamic info" from most used popups right at the HUD, even if each stat takes 6 to 12 simbols.

While if you do table stacking, then you can easily get it over 200 for each player.

Thus, even if "NC solution" would be far from ideal, it will still be way better, than current present reality. Or you may just wait until somebody else do the job someday. What you prefer?
    I'll be very short, because I don't want this to turn into a pissing match between someone who is not contributing to the goal. The goal: to get a dynamic hud asap.

What makes you think I don't use NC? I've got more stats in NC than you will ever make. I've played close to 100k sngs. Are we done now? Can you stop sidetracking this thread?

All I want to do is:

a) State what's needed to be fixed - done
    b) Get an answer what is needed for HEM2 ppl to do it - waiting response

My apologies for inconvenience, i had no intentions to upset you in any way. This is last time i will bother you, to ask you a little favor. Do you use partitioned dynamic composite stats at your HUDs at this moment? How many? Or did used before? If so, why didn't that worked out? Please explain, at least short, so i could know where to look.

My apologies for inconvenience, i had no intentions to upset you in any way. This is last time i will bother you, to ask you a little favor. Do you use partitioned dynamic composite stats at your HUDs at this moment? How many? Or did used before? If so, why didn't that worked out? Please explain, at least short, so i could know where to look.
    I am fairly certain you did have those intensions based on your posts, but since you're foreign too I'll let it slide. I see that more 6-max players would like the features I suggest:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feat...ml#post2384462

I'll make sure to answer your Q in pm as I do not want to keep derailing this thread anymore.

A.

/ Still no answer on what it will take to get an ETA from HEM2 developers. Dissapointing to say the least.