Stat: bb/100 without rake (or blinds)

Default Stat: bb/100 without rake (or blinds)

winrate by position without including rake (and without blinds) is critical for comparing statistics among positions.

I want to ask a question like "how does river call efficiency predict winrate by position?" but because rake changes by the number of players @ the table its very difficult to tell if a change in winrate is due to a change in rake OR a change in my play.

This translates to all stats. When rake changes by # of players at the table you can't determine how a stat influences winrate by position UNTIL rake is factored out.

Taking out blinds just allows me to save on some mental arithmetic.

please include this stat for future updates.

You really can't have the winrate without rake, because rake comes out of the winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    You really can't have the winrate without rake, because rake comes out of the winnings.
    Don't be absurd. I think if you took more than 5 seconds spewing out your senseless post it would be clear that knowing amount won without rake is important for answering all sorts of fundamental gambling decisions.

You cannot compare the difficulty of the player pool between sites without first factoring out the effect of rake because rake is taken differently at different sites.

You cannot compare winrate among positions until you factor out the rake because rake is taken differently when there are different numbers of players.

The list goes on and on. This is possibly one of the most important pieces of information a player can have for conducting statistical tests using HM.

Rather than trying to make HM2 BETTER, you'd rather prop up the "safe" notion of winrate as being inextricably tied to rake so that, as you clearly suppose, your stupid users won't be confused by the output. Either that or HM's actual statistical power is only a farce and the statistics aren't being calculated accurately to begin with.

I want to be able to look at more than just the tip of the iceberg. Descriptive stats are poorly suited for making inferences.
    Last edited by aenetomic; 02-21-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Hi,
    I am forwarding this to level 2 tech.(as they are better with stats posts than I am)
    They will be in contact with you shortly regarding this issue.

thanks, and sry for being a douche.

Banned

I have added this to requested stats. I will have a chat with our developer to see how much work this entails.

NB: dont worry about the notecaddy under title. I work cross platforms.