Custom stats in HUD
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Custom stats in HUD

First of all, i'm sorry if this topic is going to be a little bit unstructured, but I'm currently a bit sleepy while typing this.
    But, let's talk about Custom HUD Stats

What I mean with Custom HUD Stats:
    Stats which you can build yourself and add to your HUD, by using existing stats and mathematical symbols.

(Simple) Example:
    1) A user can Create a custom stat, by naming it "CallStationFactor"
    2) The user can Create the formula for this stat, example:
    (VPIP - PFR) / VPIP * 100
    For VPIP / PFR this would result in CallStationFactor:
    15 / 13 => 13
    15 / 1 => 93
    20 / 18 => 10
    20 / 2 => 90

And then you could color code this stat, with anything above 85, you could mark it "yellow".
    Anything below that, could be marked "gray".
    If it's yellow, you can see immediately that you are up against a calling station and act accordingly.

This is just 1 example ( it's probably not an optimal solution), but I hope you get the point: The possibilities are endless.

Optional:
    Endless possibilities if you go a step further and allow "if / else" cases, variables, etc... Those who have done some basic programming in the past can immediately see what a sophisticated things you could do with this. You could write your whole "FishFactor" stat that takes VPIP, PFR, WTSD, etc... into account, does some nice "if / else" stuff with it to eventually give you a stat that results in 0-100 fish factor ( with 100 being the ultimate fish - the one you want to play, and 0 being the ultimate shark - the one you want to avoid whenever he enters the pot ).

Now I need to get the following out of the way:
    The community has been asking for this functionality since 2008.
    A year ago, I've seen a poll on the HEM forum with 98 people voting "I want this" and 2 people voting "don't need it".
    It looks like the HEM 1 suggestions forum has been taken off line so I can't find this poll anymore, or the thread has been deleted.
    But the following poll is still out there: Enable adding custom stats to the HUD.
    It has 127 votes.

I'm not adding a poll to this topic, cause people have been asking for it for 3 years now. I believe it's not the question anymore whether players want this or not. We have had these polls and the result were "Yes, We Want Them"

A few years back,
    I had to choose between HEM and PTR 3.
    PTR 3 had this functionality ( i was told ) but I preferred HEM at that time, and I was told that this custom stat functionality would be implemented to HEM as well in the foreseeable future.
    So, I decided to go for HEM and just patiently wait for this nice feature to be added.

Unfortunetely, it never got implemented.
    Now, there is Holdem Manager 2, with nice new graphics and features and stuff,
    and.... still not a single sign of the custom stat feature for the HUD.

I've been waiting for this feature for 2 years now, the community have shown they want this.
    Sorry, but I can't keep waiting forever, so I'm going to be clear about this:

I will make the switch to PTR 4 instead of buying Holdem Manager 2, if it doesn't get implemented.
    This time a "We will add it in the future" will no longer be enough for me, we've been there already.
    Don't get me wrong, I have had a great time with HEM. And it was worth the money.
    But I really, really, want to start playing with custom stats in the HUD.

So, this is the very last time that I'm going to ask for this feature.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Mercadiator; 07-30-2011 at 08:56 PM.

You are correct, custom stats has probably been the most talked about topic of development for the past year and a half at HM. At the end of the day, Notecaddy is more powerful than any custom stat creator and we can add stats pretty easily for everyone. We added over 76 new stats this last year as well. I believe that's over 300 stats people can use out of the box now.

In the near future we will not be adding a custom stat creator. When we evaluate everything involved it's much easier to add stats people can use out of the box than to build out a scripting shell for users.

• PT admits in one of their PT4 threads that their current custom stat creator has had bugs from day one returning wrong data.
    • In that same thread they said they added 2 additional support staff to help people figure out and create their own custom stats.

I've tinkered with their stat creator and it's far from simple to use and understand. I consider myself above average when it comes to tech and if I couldn't figure it out, how can the general public?

For what it's worth, I do like your idea of a fish factor stat and the team will no doubt read this thread. Who knows, maybe a fish finder stat system will make it in a future build. For now you can use the new HUD Charts that use normalized ranges for the game you play. That's essentially a fish finder system. Auto Rate Rules are another option.

Sorry to see ya go, hopefully it's only temporary.
    -B

In HM1 we could make a custom stat by adding it to the report. But there were no way to add stat from report to HUD. So, can we do it in HM2? Also, how i can create a custom stat for the report in HM2? Files in folder "Holdemmanager2\Reports" have not same structure as that files in HM1.

You should check out what you can do with adding note caddy stats to the hud

I think there still is a serious misunderstanding on the concept of "custom stats", even after I tried to explain it with some clear examples.

I write "stat1 + stat2 = a custom stat" - this is not hard to implement, seriously. This is nothing more than basic algebra.

And you read: "something complicated, something even more complicated, something terribly complicated = a custom stat" - 'no, we can't implement this, and the public will not understand how to do this'.

Am I right?

All I'm asking, is to add basic algebra ( which is: +, -, /, x )
    This on its own can already give some interesting extra power to the HUD,
    as in my "CallStationFactor" example.

Let me rephrase, with a new example:
    We want a way, a system, a feature, that allows us to combine existing stats by the use of basic algebra, to output our very own new stat.
    The main use for this kind of stuff, will be to make stats more "connected" to someone his poker strategy.
    What I mean is: Someones poker strategy might be best suited for certain type of players, while other types of players must absolutely be avoided.

Say, someone with a very high steal rate + a very high VPIP rate + very high aggression rate + very high WTSD rate, is perfectly suited for my own particular strategy.
    Then I can add my very own stat, which solely uses existing HUD stats (1) + algebra (2), that does the following equation ( again, not an optimal solution, but that's not the point ):
    CO steal + BTN Steal + SB Steal + (aggression factor * 50) + WTSD * 20 + VPIP * 2 = my_custom_stat

This:
    1) can't be that hard to implement....
    2) the general public WILL be able to figure this all out,
    poker players who use Holdem Manager SHOULD at least know basic algebra
    Last edited by Mercadiator; 08-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.

bump

HM2 Shark Tank Member

My own take on your particular "custom stat" is very flawed

As IMO even if the villain has a high VPIP (are they positionally aware)?

A high AF (i prefer AFQ) would also be flawed if you just use a total , as most of it could just be to do with cbetting

Only my opinion, also I think people are over complicating the HUD stats as i don't see a need.

In the mean time, a little work around attached, just save it in roaming/config folder

If the totals mean villain is a stn, just add your stn colour to the HUD

Not exactly what you wanted, but might help you, oh i put the stat under scan score, as i don't use that
    Attached Files Attached Files

I write "stat1 + stat2 = a custom stat" - this is not hard to implement, seriously. This is nothing more than basic algebra.
    +1

Doesn't the tablescanner player score a kind of custom fish stat?

Quote Originally Posted by melles View Post
    +1
    +1

I also think the custom stat editor should be a must. You know the community really want this and has been asking for this for some time now. Really, it can't be that hard to implement.