Learning HM2/Custom HUD issues
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Learning HM2/Custom HUD issues

just trying to get hm2 setup to test out a friends hud, and havent been a hm2 user prior to now (i used hem/pt4 in the past)

Im sure ill have multiple questions before i have any clue what the program can do and have the hud tweaked to playable state so ill keep the clutter to just this one thread though a lot of my issues will not be bugs but user error or ignorance.

i appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out. thank you.

my friends hud incorporates notecaddy custom definitions which may be relevant to any issues i run into

using a 2 month old acer G3-571 win 10 home 64

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060-6GB

You have to have a note caddy license to get the stats to show. If it's a purchased definition package, you need that as well.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

first questions
    1 guides to the HM2 software. is there a walk through of basic features (reports, hud settings, get me off the ground fast type thing) you can reccomend? HM2 is all greek to me despite toying with creating my own custom notes years ago in different software. interested in tournaments, not much cash if that matters.

1a, can you link me the postgres/database maintenance guide that's current

2 bug. there is a flicker/repeated failed resizing of the hud that occurs at irregular intervals, but more than once a second when tables are resized larger past a certain point that is enough to deter me from ever making my last tables of the day larger. very consistent error. i found some search results for flicker but they all seem to reference win vista or 7 not 10 and the prescribed fixes haven't worked (drivers and windows up to date, other steps were OS specific it seems) not a killer in the short term, but obv id like to resize at will eventually.

3 bug. hopefully its solved already and doesn't re-occur(though i am unsure what caused or corrected it but hasnt happened in the 48 hours since) a table didn't have a hud, and the tournament didn't show up in table finder and auto import status (1 tabling for test purposes) showed 1 file imported but 0 hands (WPN) and then a restart or 2 of hem later it worked

4 can i show my full hero hud stats in the replayer? ive searched and learned it doesn't/wont show full history on table which is fine, but the largest sample i have on anyone is obviously myself, so test driving a new hud is best done on my own stats. at the moment in replayer I see hero hud, but its all just horizontal dashes as if the sample is null.

5 reports tab: trying to "clear filters" doesn't clear all filters? i searched the villain i had the largest # of hands with with a "vs player" filter, and despite the yellow band saying only that all dates+vs player was active only about 10% of the total # of hands i had with villain populated the report. no idea what else is limiting the # of hands shown maybe it filtered out hands where neither of us vpipped or something without being told to? best guess at the moment

6 is there a way to show all the notecaddy notes and or custom definitions referenced by/used by a certain hud (i want to change a font size in some popups but not change more than i need to in the notecaddy definition folder, if that is even where i need to make the changes to tweak on table appearance). generally is there a notecaddy tutorial for creating custom notes/editing definitions and tweaking the appearance of notecaddy elements a they display on table?

7. i think this one is just a suggestion from searching. is there a way to graph cev/evbb and SD/NSD winnings for tournaments? (maybe some sort of hack to re-import hands into a different db that somehow mis-classifies them as cash game hands where the graphs are possible?) different styles of play might result in identical ev//100 figures but arrive at them in dramatically different fashion if graphed out. Its potentially useful for study and not just "i run so bad" though historically ive used it for more of the latter than the former

Thats what I've run into or wondered about so far, thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks
    Joe

1) Check the FAQ's. Click the blue ? anywhere in HM2 to bring up the FAQ. Check the Home - HM2TV widget videos, as well as our youtube channel.

1a) http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html

2) Anything different in 10 is explained in our FAQ's, there is very little different from 7, 8 and 10.

3) Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' and 'FastPoker' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Feature Logging

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Attach a screen shot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue
    - Close HM2 and attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

4) Go to replayer Settings (Gear in the Table HUD) and increase maxhandsreplayerhud.

5) Close HM2
    Please delete everything in:

Win Vista/7/8: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Fi lters
    Windows XP: C:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Filters

Showing hidden files: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How are Hidden Files Viewed in Windows?
    Restart HM2 and the issue should be resolved.

6) What exactly are you trying to do?

7) Go to Overall, click the graph button above hands.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

1)
    1a)
    Thank you, plenty to digest

2) id vaguely guess its something to do with high DPI scaling issues since lots of pokersite problems have been, but ill mess with tweaks and more forum searches before asking for any more of your time on it, its not too much hassle to leave it as is for now so not the most urgent on the list. TYx

3) ill wait for this to repeat before being proactive about it, ill know what to do when it does TYx

4) assuming you mean "max replayer hands" ive tried 20,000(default) 99,999 999, and 0 none of them showed anything but horiz dashes for hero hud, (i've got 18,000 hands in the test db)

5) Win Vista/7/8: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Fi lters shutting down hem and deleting all contents of this folder dint populate the full # of hands when i retried Vs player filters after

6) i was trying to change the font size and color of the actions within hands shown in the mini replayer, so i think i was asking the wrong questions for what i intended to do. I want larger fonts (maybe diferent colored fonts in the hands shown in the mini replayer)

(i have alot of trouble reading actions especially the red and green actions for bet and call at the current size so would like them 2-4 points larger and or possibly all in white)

7) This brought up the graph, tho i was unable to left click drag select an area to zoom as the (?) FAQ instructed would be possible, any idea what im doing wrong there? aside from that feature not cooperating this is exactly what i was looking for, already confirmed a leak i suspected i needed to fix

Thank you Chris

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    4) Go to replayer Settings (Gear in the Table HUD) and increase maxhandsreplayerhud.
    think i solved this, feel a bit silly now

2) The DPI FAQ will show the 3 different ways that Windows 10 needs to be changed for DPI.

4) Yes, that is what I meant, just worded it wrong.

5) Can you explain this further?

6) Are you wanting to change HUD Stats or something else? Did you make the replayer bigger?

7) That is not possible in tournaments, only cash.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

6) i don't know if mini replayer was the right name but i want to make the circled text in the attachment bigger, cant read it at the current size maybe change the color too
    Attached Images Attached Images

2) tried changing the DPI settings tho the interfaces for 10 looked different than the ones in the FAQ i found, but i think i found the equivalents. I also tried some compatibility modes, not sure what to try next

might be helpful info, it seems like the replayer hud doesn't experience the same resizing glitch as huds displayed on table on a couple different sites ive tested with multiple different huds

5) i got 90, 30 and 60 hands respectively in the reports filtering for players with 400 300 and 290 hands when i retried Vs player filters after deleting those filters not too important at this point but pretty confusing

2) Did you update the right HUD?

3) These are the hands the two of you played against each other, not just were dealt in. The Vs Player report might be more what you are looking for.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)