Start of Day (General settings) is not correctly affected in Reports

Default Start of Day (General settings) is not correctly affected in Reports

Hello.

During process of seeking any mistakes in my game I find a serious error in HM2.

General Settings -> Start Day. I changed this value to 8 as I have 8 hours difference with EST (default timezone for all poker-rooms).
    So my Sunday begins on 8.00, Sunday and ends on 8.00 on Monday. I wake up on 16.00 local (8 EST) and sitting down to play in 2 hours. I play many tournaments for about 12-14 hours.
    I opened Report "Tournament Results by day" and I want to see my statistic for Sunday - all hands in one day. And I set 8 for it.

But it does not work (prob work no in all cases).

f5fdf81c08fd9bdff56fa8f43258e583.png

You can see that I selected Friday.
    And you can see hands played on
    1. 30 Dec 2016 but it was played on Thursday game session
    2. 3 March 2017 - the same

And in all days each hand which played in end of today's tournament but played on next local time day is plased on next day on this Report. Especially it's a bog problem when I want to analyze my Sunday session. But I see late hands from Saturday here and don't see late Sunday hands (they are on Mobday)

So question what is this parameter "Start of Day" means ? I thought that it's created for cases like this.

Use the time adjustment if you need to adjust the time. The automatic Site Time Adjustment will read from the site's server. If you adjust the lobby clock settings, on some sites, it could cause the Time column for the hands in the Reports to be off.

To verify, please compare the time in the Active Sessions, or Reports' hands section to your computer clock while playing.

See this FAQ for the adjustment steps if there is a difference - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Options / Hand Importing / Site Time Adjustment

Then, set your day starts at to be when you want it to start.

Don't use the day starts at to adjust your time compared to EST.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Prob I wrote too much and you don't understand what I mean properly.

1. On my computer I have my local tine.
    2. Adjustments on Poker-rooms and in Site setup set to show in HM my local time of each hand.

But I start playing tournaments in 17.00-19.00 and play it till end. It could be night of next day on local time. But I want to ssee on reports that it eas played on one day. And I set start of day to 8 (prob I should set to 14 as I nver start playing before 14.00 and some slow tournament can be going about 14 hours till 12.00 of next day).

Look at screenshot.
    I don't play on Monday overall. It's a rest day after hard Saturday and very hard Sunday. I always rest on Monday, for 90%. Sometimes I play very short session or play if it's Series period (SCOOP for ex.)

2ff827fcf9f9c288a5fac88a24d1e920.png

At this table 6K hands of 7461 are Sunday's session hands. But they counted as Monday's as it was played after 00.00 local time. Also about 3000-4000 of hands from Sunday belongs to Saturday session.
    Also Friday is a rest day too. Almost all of 5672 hands are played on Thursday.

About this parameter. Start of day. I always thought that it created for cases I wrote above. To count current day not from 0.00 to 0.00 but from 'Value' to 'Value' (8 in my case).
    I changed it to 14. Refreshed. Nothing changed. At Active session the same.

494841397a12a0d3040cbd04e006a039.png

What is the purpose of this Parameter 'Start of day' ? Prob I misunderstand something or you have a big bug here

Yes, start of day should start at a time when you are never playing.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Yes, start of day should start at a time when you are never playing.
    But in this case I should have several hundreds hand played on Monday or Friday as its my rest days.

I gonna do
    1. Set Start of day to 13 (I Start to play on 17.00-20.00 and finish 3.00-5.00)
    2. Create new and to database and import hands of this Month (1 week).
    3. Analyze

This is screenshot of Report "Tournament Results by day"

b3b44705c541bd598887d63fee6a774d.png

What can we see
    1. In this month was only 1 Monday - yesterday and I did not played yesterday. So Report should show 0 hands.
    These 571 hands are from Sunday session.
    2. You can see 3 hands on screenshot of date 6.11.2017 (06 Nov). The 1st hand played on 6 Nov was in 0.37 and here 2 important moments
    2.1. This hand was played on the Sunday game session
    2.2. This hand (I opened it) is the 1st hand of 55$ tournament (Bounty Builder - PKO) where I made a little late reg.
    2.3. Between 0.00 and 0.37 - no hands. As I did not played these 37 minutes

So we can suppose that hands of tournaments that started after 0.00 of local time are placed to next day despite of that it was played on current day (my Sunday is 13.00 05 Nov - 13.00 06 Nov).

Several opened questions -
    1. If I'm not sure about hands where I register before 0.00 and play end of tournament after 0.00. Looks like they qualified right as Sunday's hands. What's right if it is so.
    2. Suppose that I register on 05 Nov in 12.58 (befrore Start of Day) - These hands all will be on Saturday or on Sunday or part om Saturday and part on Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MagicGog; 11-07-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Guys do u plan to fix this bug ?

If you continue to have problems please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to us using the 'Contact Support' link.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)