Hem2 doesnt save manually edited data

Default Hem2 doesnt save manually edited data

hi,

I started playing at microgaming via paf skin this week. I know cash data seems lost from there and tournament data is not accurate either, but i cant get even tournament data corrected because when i do corrections at tournament tab to my tournaments, buy in, won and so on they disappear when i close hem2. I know i must go to tournament results tab to make changes stick but even doing so and everything seems ok after i restart hem2 all changes are gone. If i remember correctly i have before tried changing stars tournament data too and it disappeared too after restarting hem2, so its all data manually changed from tournament tab that dont stay. I have win10 as os.

This can indicate some corruption happening.

Please see this FAQ to fix Windows problems - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to repair Windows files

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Set Correct Permissions on files and folders HM2 use
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I did those scans and disc checks and Winsock Adapter reset and it found nothing.

about setting security settings, i know i am only user in this comp and have administration priviliges, so they are ok?

but unticking read only is problematic. When i do it, it sometimes scrolls down all the files as if its actually doing something and sometimes nothing happens. when i hit ok and leave and come back its like nothing happened, read only ticked still. This happens at all file locations i tried concerning hem2 and postgres.

"You may need to add the Postgres user." This i didnt try because i dont know how and where and should i or not. It says you may need to do it but how do i know if i need to do it or not?

I should mabe mention that i am having great difficulties with 888poker too since that can be linked to this hem2 problem possibly.
    Their software freezes when i try to open cash tables and i cant open ticket or my account windows from there so cant make any changes to my account. This happens if i try accessing via web browser too. But stars and all the other pokersites and web sites work flawlessly, which is very puzzling to me.

I did those scans and disc checks and Winsock Adapter reset and it found nothing.

about setting security settings, i know i am only user in this comp and have administration priviliges, so they are ok?

but unticking read only is problematic. When i do it, it sometimes scrolls down all the files as if its actually doing something and sometimes nothing happens. when i hit ok and leave and come back its like nothing happened, read only ticked still. This happens at all file locations i tried concerning hem2 and postgres.

"You may need to add the Postgres user." This i didnt try because i dont know how and where and should i or not. It says you may need to do it but how do i know if i need to do it or not?

I should mabe mention that i am having great difficulties with 888poker too since that can be linked to this hem2 problem possibly.
    Their software freezes when i try to open cash tables and i cant open ticket or my account windows from there so cant make any changes to my account. This happens if i try accessing via web browser too. But stars and all the other pokersites and web sites work flawlessly, which is very puzzling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by moperone View Post

The FAQ says that this is going to happen.

Yes, add it and give full permissions. The FAQ will show how. There's screenshots there.

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click > 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I made postgres user with full permissions to all these places:
    - C:\HM2Archive
    - C:\Microgaming
    - C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2
    - C:\Users"username"\AppData\Local\Hold'em_Manager
    - C:\Users"username"\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager
    - C:\Users"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microgaming

For some reason my microsoft account which i use to log in windows was only visible at appdata locations. So i made local user account and logged to windows with it and added it to all those locations with full permissions ofcourse. (it too was visible only at appdata locations at first). Finaly i unticked read only to all those locations once more. Seemed like it did something because it scrolled files after doing it although afterwoods when i cheked they all are ticked again.

manually edited data still doesnt get saved, so couple questions come to mind.

I still dont know did unticking read only have any efect at all because afterwoods tick was always there.
    If it is windows problem, why cant i find any material or solution seekers from anywhere at internet searches. One would think, then i wouldnt be the only one battling with this problem.

Does it seem like i have set Set Correct Permissions on files and folders now? If so what next? I am not very skilled with comps, but doesnt seem right that i cant fix this issue and cant find others even with same kind of problems so its getting a bit frustrating, thanks for trying though Chris

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel > System & Security > Administrative Tools or Start > Search > 'Event Viewer') > Windows Logs > Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click > 'copy public link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)