Filter by board texture doesn't work properly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Filter by board texture doesn't work properly

Hello,

I found that in my latest 8227 hm2 version filtering by board texture doesn't work properly. You can find on the next screenshot that I have selected "Flop card #1 rank" = J-K, and 2nd card = 2-T. I am getting a lot of wrong flops such as JJx, Aqx, Kjx, Ajx etc with those filters. Other filters work strange too.

Is the situation with working wrong filtering by texture is a known bug and when it will be fixed?

Thanks.

Please add a filter for the third card to filter out the flops that you do not want to see.

So for example card 1 = J-K, card 2 = 7-T, card 3 = 2-6.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by fash1k View Post
    ...filtering by board texture doesn't work properly [...] "Flop card #1 rank" = J-K, and 2nd card = 2-T [...] wrong flops such as JJx, Aqx, Kjx, Ajx etc with those filters. Other filters work strange too [...] known bug and when it will be fixed?
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have filter problems too
    I'm using HM2 version 8227
    I tried your exact filters on the same tab [Settings > Reports > Cash > Poker Site] & my results were also incorrect
    Incorrect on other tabs too

WHAT I DID IN PREPARATION
    Made a new DB with 47,566 sample hands imported
    All PokerStars
    All cash Zoom 6Max
    All at one stake
    Dated July to today [4 months]

MY SETTINGS
    Settings > General Settings > Automatically refresh [x]
    Auto apply filter changes to all reports [x]
    Clear filters does not Clear Date filter [ ]
    I ran tests a few times & changing the above settings had no effect

MY TEST FILTERS:-
    [1] None
    ** 47,566 hands [correct]

[2] Flop card #1 A-2 [in other words all hands where there was at least a flop]
    ** 7,008 hands [i.e. 15% of hands see a flop which is correct at my stake/game]

[3] Flop card #1 A
    ** 1,464 hands in both panes [statistically correct 21%]
    ** Boards show one or more flop Aces

[4] Flop card #1 A-J
    ** 4,577 hands in both panes [statistically correct 65%]
    ** Boards show a flop J or better

[5] Flop card #1 K-J
    ** 3,708 hands in both panes [almost statistically correct 53%]
    ** Boards show a flop J or better BUT some of them contain one or more flop aces

Could you try a simple Flop card #1 K-J & see if you have some flop Aces displayed in the bottom pane too?
    Last edited by _Loki_; 10-29-2014 at 07:36 PM.

2 udbrky
    I've set 1st card to J-K and 2nd&3rd card to 2-T. Looks like with using all of the cards it works fine.. Thanks.

2 _Loki_
    If I use only flop card #1 filter set to K-J I am still getting A-high flops such as: Kd4cAd, AdKdTd, Qs2sAs, 2cJdAs... I have checked about 30 hands out of 2,5k .

HM Q.A & Testing Manager random's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fash1k View Post
    2 udbrky
    I've set 1st card to J-K and 2nd&3rd card to 2-T. Looks like with using all of the cards it works fine.. Thanks.

2 _Loki_
    If I use only flop card #1 filter set to K-J I am still getting A-high flops such as: Kd4cAd, AdKdTd, Qs2sAs, 2cJdAs... I have checked about 30 hands out of 2,5k .
    Hi Fash1k, thats because flop card #1 doesnt mean highest card on the flop,but just one of the cards. So when you set that to K-J, it filters for hands where one of the cards was K-J. All flops you posted include K-J cards so it seems like its working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    Hi Fash1k, thats because flop card #1 doesnt mean highest card on the flop,but just one of the cards. So when you set that to K-J, it filters for hands where one of the cards was K-J. All flops you posted include K-J cards so it seems like its working properly.
    Yap, I think that I've got my problem (and Loki too). We thought that if it said "Flop card #1 rank" that means that it is the highest card on the flop. But it doesn't .

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    flop card #1 doesnt mean highest card on the flop,but just one of the cards.
    Well I go to the bottom of my stairs! This makes sense now it is explained, but it's counterintuitive. Thank you very much for your help.

Perhaps you should discuss renaming the filter descriptions & AVOID the word "rank"?

Current description:-
    Flop card #1 rank is in between...
    Flop card #2 rank is in between...
    Flop card #3 rank is in between...

My suggested description:-
    Call them all the same thing. Something like "Flop card range in between..."
    No numbering & no mention of "rank"

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Well I go to the bottom of my stairs! This makes sense now it is explained, but it's counterintuitive. Thank you very much for your help.

Perhaps you should discuss renaming the filter descriptions & AVOID the word "rank"?

Current description:-
    Flop card #1 rank is in between...
    Flop card #2 rank is in between...
    Flop card #3 rank is in between...

My suggested description:-
    Call them all the same thing. Something like "Flop card range in between..."
    No numbering & no mention of "rank"
    +1

Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it in the near future and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people show support for it in the future.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion [...] but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features...
    I know it's a canned script reply Chris, but actually my suggestion is a simplification in language for clarity - not a complication.

It's great that HM2 is actually quite user-friendly due to the "?" links & the message popups & the alerts
    But it would do no harm to "spring clean" the wording in half a dozen places - I'm glad English is my first language or I'd be sunk...

I'd supply a list if I felt a "spring clean" of wording would be taken seriously
    Another thing... some areas lack progress indicators - difficult to tell if that database deletion is happening or the system is frozen etc etc...