HEM2 unresponsive
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default HEM2 unresponsive

For the last month or so, HEM2 randomly becomes unresponsive in a number of ways. When I open up the program, it generally loads without any issues. Then I sit at poker tables (I play across 4 sites). Then sometime into my session I'll notice that my HUD isn't loading on new tables, though I'll still be active on old tables where I've played hands. This seems to mostly happen on Full Tilt (The HUD not recognizing hands that are being played). Though when this happens, The HEM2 main window itself becomes unresponsive, unable to be minimized or maximized from the task bar. I then have to kill the program with task manager and restart HEM2. However, about about 1/3 of the time it freezes again on start-up and I have to kill it again. Generally the issue gets resolved on the next attempt or two. Though, all too often it seems that before the end of my session I have the problem with the HUD not loading on new tables and then I have to restart again. I use the program StacknTile to organize my table and notice that sometimes (not too often) when i move a table with StacknTile the HEM2 HUD for that table will stay locked to my desktop in the area where the table used to be. If i try to click and drag the HUD to where the table is relocated to, the HUD won't move any farther than they outer dimensions of where the table used to be. Though it's worth noting that this only happens once every few days. I just though it might be worth mentioning to see if there's some sort of issue, though I've used to two together for the past year without any issues.

Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn User Account Control on or off - Windows Help

----

Go over the perfomance tips from this new thread:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html

(old threads were: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html, http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+is+lagging%3F )
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I've done all of the things that you suggested and unfortunately it's still happening several times per day. Is there any way to get some remote support, even if i have to pay for it?

What's your computer hardware? (CPU, RAM, harddisk?)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post

What's your computer hardware? (CPU, RAM, harddisk?)
    Firewall: None
    AV: Avast

CPU: Intel i7 - 2670QM 2.2ghz

Ram: 16gb ddr3

Harddisk: 220gig ssd

Do you observe/open a 30+ tables (because you play HU and are waiting for opponents) on 4 sites simultaneously?

Did you experiment playing on 1 less site? (or if one of the 4 sites is causing the most lag)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennell9 View Post
    220gig ssd
    You were running out of disk space earlier this year. How much space have you got left on your SSD now? The normal postgreSQL set up requires spare space to function correctly & for maintenance to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Do you observe/open a 30+ tables (because you play HU and are waiting for opponents) on 4 sites simultaneously?

Did you experiment playing on 1 less site? (or if one of the 4 sites is causing the most lag)
    Yes I play HU and sit across several sites with 40+ tables open. However, this has always been the case and it's never been an issue until recently. No, i didn't try dropping any sites because I stand to lose more by not playing on a poker site than having a working Hud on that site. With that said i don't think it's any specific site that's giving me an issue. It's not like Hem2 is lagging or going slow, it becomes completely unresponsive indefinitely.

As for the other question. I was playin on my pc earlier this year in which i was running out of ssd space. I'm not playing on my laptop in which i still have a reasonable amout of disk space (40+ gb)

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions.
    If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

Does performance increase if you disable the HUD Settings > HUD Designer > [ ] Show Caddy Notes?

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file to an email and make sure you include a link to this thread and your forum name so we can reference your information already provided in this thread -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions.
    If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC:
    NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

Does performance increase if you disable the HUD Settings > HUD Designer > [ ] Show Caddy Notes?

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues your seeing.

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file to an email and make sure you include a link to this thread and your forum name so we can reference your information already provided in this thread -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    I have notecaddy, but generally don't have it running. I do, however, have the NCE package. I'll try some of the things that you suggested. One thing that seems to happen (most times that HEM2 freezes) is that the HUD seems to be recognized by my OS as a seperate window. I'm currently using windows Aero theme and when the freezing occurs, if i mouse over the HEM2 icon on my task bar it shows 2 windows. One being the main Hem2 program window and the other a random default HUD 'waiting for hands' window.