Hand Importing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Importing

Default Hand Importing

Hello,

Moved my DB from Desktop to laptop, uploaded a lot of hands and after imported the last chunk I cannot access the previous hands (like player has 20k hands but I can't select him as a player - "No hands found" - but they are still in the database.

It's on postgres 9.3.4, but I remember this happening on 8.4 too.
    After importing all I did vacuum and reindex from pgAdmin.

Help

edit:
    - Force Import doesn't work for reimporting the missing hands
    - I cannot find the players with the missing hands (I know the hands are still in db because it still loads in X amount of hands when I load HEM2 + size of the db).

Just find out that I can access my data when on the tables (HUD works with the data missing in hem).
    Last edited by sharkwboner; 07-01-2014 at 01:58 AM.

How did you 'move' the database?
    Did you use backup/restore, reimported all hands into a new empty database, or literally moved the database ( http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...e+or+Partition ) (did you also move the Roaming/Database folder?)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

As I always do, back/restore and reimported the hands.

Now after I launched hem I had my hands (on my screename) but still when I search myself in the select player menu, my SN has only 21 hands..

Create a new empty database, and reimport the handhistories from your archive folder.

Backup/restore can restore a corruption in the old database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Actually, I had just installed SQL 9.3 and it was on a fresh DB.

Also I my notecaddy notes are not working.

Will reimport DB and get back to you.

Did you go to Start and start processing the notes again?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Yes, I did and it fixes the issue, but when I do pgAdmin's full vacuum it loses most of the players's notecady notes.
    Is it because the newer version of SQL ? Can I fix it ?

What happens when you run Vacuum, but don't tick on 'FULL'?

I keep the NC stats, but after I 'reindex'ed, 90% of players's Notecaddy stats got erased.

Actually I do vacuum and reindex for a long time, and don't know the purpose of reindexing ?

Also big issue is regular note disappearing for 60% of note population. ??

There could be a corruption in the current database.

Have you tried this with a new database.
    Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Is the database on a SSD harddisk?

--

Reindexing:

REINDEX rebuilds an index using the data stored in the index's table, replacing the old copy of the index. There are several scenarios in which to use REINDEX:

An index has become corrupted, and no longer contains valid data. Although in theory this should never happen, in practice indexes can become corrupted due to software bugs or hardware failures. REINDEX provides a recovery method.

An index has become "bloated", that it is contains many empty or nearly-empty pages. This can occur with B-tree indexes in PostgreSQL under certain uncommon access patterns. REINDEX provides a way to reduce the space consumption of the index by writing a new version of the index without the dead pages. See Section 23.2 for more information.

You have altered a storage parameter (such as fillfactor) for an index, and wish to ensure that the change has taken full effect.

An index build with the CONCURRENTLY option failed, leaving an "invalid" index. Such indexes are useless but it can be convenient to use REINDEX to rebuild them. Note that REINDEX will not perform a concurrent build. To build the index without interfering with production you should drop the index and reissue the CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY command.