Board Texture Filter not Working or Labeled Properly
    HM2 Shark Tank Member

Default Board Texture Filter not Working or Labeled Properly

First off I want to say that the Board texture filter called "CustomRankFlop(#)" is incorrect when asking for...

(Card) >= BETWEEN <= (Card)

...with the higher of the two cards being on the left.

So if i set the "Flop card #1 rank is in between": (Ace) >= BETWEEN <= (Ten), then what I'm saying is that the card is less than or equal to (Ace) and also less than or equal to (Ten). This makes no sense. The second "<" should face the other direction.

On top of this, When I try and use this filter option, I never get any results. The error could be due to this mistake.

Also, there is a filter for "Gutters that beat the nut str8" but a better filter I think would be "gutters that beat the nuts" so that you can filter for boards that may have many gutters to beat the nuts but 0 to beat the nut str8 (ie K95)

A filter for overall number of gutters possible would be useful as well.

I want to let you know that your issue report has been received and will be tested in the order it was received. Once we have tested and documented it thoroughly we will send you our results and/or ask for any other info/files that we may need to help resolve it.

Given the way it shows in the filters, it is correct. In the setup, it is showing that the value on the left - the upper limit -, the first flop card is less than or equal to that value.

And for the value on the right, the card is greater than or equal to that value.

Given that it also says between, it is clear what is meant here.

It is not making a mathematical statement, like 5 < 7 < 9.

Regarding the second, I don't understand. If a gutshot can outdraw the nutstraight possible on the board, then it can outdraw the current nuts. If the hand value is stronger than the nut straight, then the gutshot is drawing to a second best hand already (unless there is a re-draw, like a straight flush).

So there is no reason to state that it can beat the nuts, because the nut straight is the strongest hand that it could outdraw.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)