HM2 - problems with function keys in other apps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HM2 - problems with function keys in other apps

Some function keys do not work any more in other applications after HM2 has been started. An example is "F6" which does not work in 888 poker client, Total Commander and others. As soon as HM2 has been closed, function keys work as expected.

In HM2--> HUD settings--> Hotkeys--> turn off all the hotkeys--> Apply--> restart HM2.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

This solution does not work. I have disabled all the hotkeys and the problem remains. Only solution i have found is to disable auto z-order and playing hu with it disabled is VERY annoying.

This problem came with the 2.0.0.7893. And occures with with pokerstars and pacific.

Untitled.png

Please update to this version

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Please update to this version

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...AutoUpdate.exe

After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator.

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    7917 Changed nothing.

Running on Win8, UAC disabled. Have tried most hud settings with no success and all different stars hotkey settings. And i may add that this problem is not concerned with just the selected overlapping keys but ALL hotkeys whatever you choose to use.

No offense but I dont remember another major publicly released software so incomplete. Certainly never lost so much hair (and money) with any other software. Would have already changed to pt if it wasnt such a hassle to roll on to another platform.

I mean, why do you keep adding rather useless features to a software that does not work. Must be pain to do debugging too.

See the logs:

log.zip
    Last edited by bogo; 10-15-2013 at 11:23 PM.

remove this post
    Last edited by bogo; 10-15-2013 at 11:24 PM.

7919 solves the hot key problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bogy View Post
    7919 solves the hot key problem for me.
    It works with auto Z-order enabled but not disabled. So the same as initially for me, and sorry i noticed i wrongly described it reversely in the previous post.

And there was some other combination of setting that rendered it completely dysfunctional, even with auto z-order enabled, cant recall what it was.

I even did uninstall and removed all the hem config files, but the problem remains.
    Last edited by bogo; 10-16-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Hmm did discover that its with "show table hud" enabled when it does not work. Otherwise seems to be working.

I checked again and I don't have problems with hot key functionality any more. It does what it is supposed to do. Auto-Z has no effect on key function in my environment. When you make changes on the HUD settings you need to always restart HM2. Otherwise the changes don't take effect. Maybe this is another bug.