HUD Popup causing my HEM2 to freeze
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HUD Popup causing my HEM2 to freeze

As per title - when I try to open the HUD popups, it will freeze - not always, but alot of the time

I've only been using HEM2 for about a week, and this only started today. Popups were working totally fine up until today

I am the same person who created this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...zing-up-2.html
    I was having huge problems with HEM1 and I was suggested to reinstall a different version of Postgres. I have not done that yet, HEM2 is running off the same Postgres HEM1 was - but it was working perfectly for a week, until day

Also, the problems I was having in HEM1 were reports etc taking forever to load and hanging my computer. IN HEM2 now, reports and stuff load perfectly, its just the hud popup that is causing issues

Running latest version of HEM2, Postgres 8.4, have almost everything I can think of running as admin and excepted in my Firewall/Antivirus. Very high specced computer.

Thanks

When there is a freeze, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

--

How large (estimate in millions of hands is your database), what sort of harddisk does your computer have?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I installed a different Postgres (9.2) and started a new DB, and it has been fine (So far, 1 day)

If it comes back again, I will do as above. Thanks.

What is your antivirus and firewall?

1) Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator.

2) Please turn off UAC.

3) You'll need to add:
    - hmupdate.exe (only exists during update)
    - holdemmanager.exe
    - hudfuncapps2.exe
    - postgres and pg_ctl, your poker client .exe
    - table ninja.exe
    - tablescannerdllloader.exe
    - notecaddy.business.dll and notecaddy.contents.dll from the modules folder in holdemmanager's program files folder (you might have to type in the names in some firewalls, they do not show)

to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus. ****

4) Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

5) You need to make sure that this folder*,

8/7/Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

as well as c:\postgresql (or c:\programfiles\postgresql), c:\programfiles\holdemmanager2, c:\hm2archive, c:\hmarchive and your site's hand history folder are each not read only** and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. ***

* You will need to show hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+

See the location here for win 7:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

See the location here for win xp:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

** You will need to right click the folder, open properties. At the bottom in Attributes, uncheck the Read-Only. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows

*** This is in Properties as well, in Security.

****Please see this guide for Windows Firewall:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ender+Problems

Please see this FAQ for setting permissions and unchecking read only:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...olders+HM2+use
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

This happened again today. I installed new Postgres 9.2 and new databse, and it worked for 2 days, but now my HUD Popup freezes everything. I customised my HUD and instaleld Notecaddy Edge, dont know if that could have anything to do with it

I REALLY need this resolved, to be able to grind effectively

I have Avira Antivirus Free installed, and no Firewall, just Windows Firewall

All of those files are excepted in my Antivirus and Windows Firewall, except notecaddy.business.dll and notecaddy.contents.dll which dont seem to exist, even when I look in that folder with View Hidden Files turned on
    Also, I dont run Table Ninja. I added them all anyway though
    I couldnt add the files that dont exist to Windows Firewall. (notecaddy.dlls and hmupdate.exe)

4 Windows is fully updated

Roaming/holdem manager was set to Read Only, as was PostgreSQL, and basically every folder
    I "turned it off", although as you say its still showing as read only when I go back

I also changed it to give my user accounts full permissions ( there are a bunch of user accounts listed for the Postrges folder- Network Service, Gavin, Administrators, Users, Trusted INstaller, System, Creator Owner, ALL APPLICATION packages?
    Is that unusual?

Log File sent for the issues I just had this evening

Database is about 2.5m hands.

Read: NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

NoteCaddy Edge can be responsible for these type of lagging issues.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

It was happening before I installed Notecaddy Edge also (albeit on different Postgres) How do I delete Notecaddy edge totally to see if that solves it?

NoteCaddy----> Run NoteCaddy--> File--> Reset Notes

hud settings--> hud designer--> turn off note caddy--> apply--> restart HM2

I hope the HEM team doesn't mind if I offer some suggestions here that have helped NoteCaddy Edge customers in the past.

It will be interesting to see if the HEM team can gather the exact issue from your log file. Something that may help you is to run NoteCaddy / Tools / Vacuum Database after you have processed all of your notes in NoteCaddy.

Also these links have helped NoteCaddy Edge customers in the past: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+is+lagging%3F

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...-mistakes.html

If you're using any of your own color or composite definitions in NoteCaddy that use HM2 stats, that can cause delays in the HUD as well. (NoteCaddy Edge doesn't use HM2 stats in the color or composite definitions).

One other thing you may want to try is to uninstall your Antivirus and install Microsoft Security Essentials instead. It works well and doesn't conflict with HM2 either

If you need any specific help with anything NoteCaddy Edge related I'll be more than happy to help you out as well (Skype: notecaddy.edge).
    Last edited by NotecaddyEdge; 09-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.