Still have a bug
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Still have a bug

Hello

I have posted a thread 08.08 http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...importing.html

I have gone through all advice that were given to me

Also I have send some e-mails to support and they told me that my bug was recieved and will be solved

I believe that one supposed to be for my bug Update.jpg

After all I still have the problem

That I have discovered waiting for update:

When I use Hand Viewer I can see VPIP\PFR\3bet\Hands for lag player A.jpgD.jpg

When I create new database and import hands from archive there is no this player (as well as other that lag) in list New D.jpg and if I set the old one for a moment Old D.jpg and that just switch back to new they somehow appear New D 2.jpg

There are no folders for those players in my database Folder.jpg

When is send e-mail with archive file to a support guy, he imported it get stats for all players

Hope I was enough comprehensive to disrcibe you the issue

I will send you anything you tell me to send, or do anything you tell me to do

Please help me cause it really ruins my game
    Last edited by beebeeboy; 08-27-2013 at 03:05 PM.

What is your antivirus and firewall?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file.

Please 7-Zip the file before attaching it, as sometimes text files can become corrupted as attachments.

XP:
    c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager

7/vista
    c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable "Hide protected operating system files": http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...in+Windows%3F+ - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Please create a new database.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the green + sign

3) Name it, click ok.

4) Import the hands from c:\hm2archive
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States) .

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/1...-in-windows-7/
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

Done

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Licensed Norton Internet Security

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator

Done

Turn off User Account Control:

Done

Add exceptions to the windows firewall:

Were doned when i posted first thread Exceptions.jpg

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates:

Done

I have created new database and imported archive, but still some hands not importing

Attaching log.txt like udbrky said in previuos post Log.zip
    Last edited by beebeeboy; 08-28-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Your hard drive is getting pretty full. You should always have at least 10% free space. You have under 5%. This can corrupt postgres.

Clean out some space.

Please see this FAQ to move your DB to another drive.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...e+or+Partition

Out of HM1, HM2, PT3, HM2 has by far the smallest DB's.

Some SSD's now use compression automatically. The Truth About SSDs and Compression

You can also use NTFS compression on the DB folder in roaming and the postgres\data\base folder to make it smaller:

Best practices for NTFS compression in Windows

You can put your postgres data folder and the HM2 database parent folder on a different drive.

In HM1 there are a lot of tables that deal with a specific hand played by a specific player. In HM2 we don't have these tables, instead, for player related hand data, we use a flat file approach. Each player has his own folder and each file represents a single day. Each line within the file is a tokenized version of a single hand with incredible amounts of detail. Your overall HM2 spaced used (DB + Files) is about 2/3 of HM1 and we store probably 2-3 times as much info plus it can be accessed many, many times faster and allows us to do some things that wouldn't be possible otherwise, many of which are yet to come. If you don't want the space in your Roaming folder due to C: file space or something like that, we do give you the option of storing this data anywhere

General rule is 1 million hands = 10 GB.

In reality it's: 1 million hands
    HM1: 6.8 GB
    HM2: 4.3 GB
    PT4: 13.6 GB

So with a 10 million hand database you need as SSD of at least 60 GB (Windows) + 100 GB = 160 GB.
    We use 1 million = 10 GB (instead of 6.8) because when you want to perform a vacuum/analyse or backup/restore a database it will require a LOT of disk space to perform such a task.

You can also run tree size free to locate wastes of space:

TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs

Please see this guide to optimize your SSD:

Can You Get More Space Or Speed From Your SSD? - Optimizing Precious Solid-State Storage

Here is another guide:

Super-Fast SSDs: Four Rules for How To Treat Them Right « IT Expert Voice

Afterwards:

Please download the same version of postgresql that you have now from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB. Uninstall yours, and install this update.

Please create a new database.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the green + sign

3) Name it, click ok.

4) Import the hands from c:\hm2archive

We will need to see any hands that will not import.

Please zip and email the original hand history and tournament summaries (for Stars, FTP, and Pacific) files from c:/hmarchive and/or c:\hm2archive

files are zipped by right clicking - send to - compressed folder

For multiple files, copy to a folder, then zip them.

to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I have cleaned my HDD so there is more than 10% of freespace

I have reinstalled postgres following all suggestion given on pokerstrategy (deleting postgres user, secondary logon etc) and unfortunatelly it didn't solve it

Creating new data base, importing hands and hands for some player still not importing

In fact when i went through postgres installation (i did it about 6-7 times) I concluded that the problem must be in postgres:

When i installed it first time I did it from windows user name by russian letters, however it has been installed. This time i created new user with english letters in title

May be some information about first instalation stucked in register so the new get laged?

If it is may be there is some way to delete info by manualy cleaning register?

I have used CCleaner and Revo Uninstaler to clean register after uninstalation, may be you can advise something else

Also i can't instal postgres in my program files folder, even going through the process of installing postgress than deleting than giving all rights to postgres user to c\program files\postgres folder, it still can't opperate with "data" folder.

And i turned off my anti-virus during instalation

I could send you an archive, but i did it some time earlier the support guy Fozzy could import hands for those players

And as i saw i have those player in archive file

They just somehow can't get through my postgres or smth

Anyway thanks for your time an attention
    Last edited by beebeeboy; 08-29-2013 at 12:16 PM.

If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
    1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
    2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
    This means: if you have Russian (or French, or else) Windows - your PC name possibly contains "non-english" letters.
    Like "????-PC" or "Rene-PC"
    The same with windows username. Or spaces in the name.
    Postgres doesn't like that - and won't run as a result of it.
    3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
    This is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services.
    4) UAC = OFF ( How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 My Digital Life )
    5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all.
    6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
    7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB
    8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
    9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.
    10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
    Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
    In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
    net user postgres /del
    exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
    11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.

--

Try installing PostgreSQL 8.2 to a new port (for example 5433): http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I have instaled PostgresSQL 8.2 and choose 5443 port

Created new bataabse, imported archive and still can't get stats for certain play

Do you only have no stats on some players in the REPLAYER?.. or you also see no stats in the regular HUD when you actually play?

Is this an opponent you know personally... i.e. have you ever imported a handhistory where this opponent was the HERO, because your friend sent you a handhistory file?

Can you email us a handhistory file with an opponent (whose stats won't show) again.

I see no stats in the regular HUD.

No, I don't know any of them. And they come up by time.

Handhistory file is the one in hm2archive folder? Cause there no files in PartyPoker\HandHistory, only empty folders titled by date.

If you asking file from hm2archive folder, please be aware that I have already send it once earlier. And when guy from support imported it to his HM he had stats for those players that i don't.

I think that main point is that my HM don't create folders for those players in database folder. If you match this 2 pictures you may see that i have those players "current player" list, but have no folders for them. Even though HM says that i have hands for them New D 2.jpgFolder.jpg
    Last edited by beebeeboy; 09-02-2013 at 02:35 AM.