Speed from PS TS overrides user-selected speed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Speed from PS TS overrides user-selected speed

HM2 can't detect the correct speed and the # of rebuys from PS MTT Tournament Summaries. That's fine as there is no way to correctly do it. To get the correct results anyway we have to manually set the speed and manually import the .html summary from PS support now and then for the correct rebuy information.

I just did that and it overrode all my manually set speed info I completely accept HM2 can't set the correct speed, but because of that it should ignore the speed and don't override user defined speed info. As it is now, there is no way to efficiently get the speed and rebuys right. Please set HM2 to ignore PS MMT speed when importing summaries, should be easy I guess.

Please zip and email the original hand history and tournament summaries (for Stars, FTP, and Pacific) files from c:/hmarchive and/or c:\hm2archive

files are zipped by right clicking - send to - compressed folder

For multiple files, copy to a folder, then zip them.

to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Banned

Sry but the problem is not with the original files, they work ask aspected. The problem is as follows:

Import original files -> manual edit speed info -> manual import .htm summary -> manual edited speed info is overwritten.

You can check this with any PS MTT you already have in file.

Most of us on the team (udbrky and myself in particular) do not play at stars or if the tester does play there they don't play MTTs. Not many of our previous system tickets have the customer's email requested .htm files attached to them as we only request those if the issue is specific to the emailed summaries vs the directly written TS files and while we can search tickets for stars issues there is no easy way to filter by attachment extension type so we have to browse hundreds of stars tickets looking for the few tickets with .htm files attached.

We will need you to email the hand history files and .htm summary files to us as requested so our testers can try to reproduce this.

Banned

Just tested it with a regular Tournament Summary, and it works the same. So I guess it's easier to send those. Pls let me know if you still want the .htm one (it's very big as it includes 1000's of tournaments). When importing the summary for the 2nd time, you have to select 'force import of previous imported hands', otherwise the rebuy info wouldn't get corrected. What you basicly would want is to update the rebuys and ignore the speed, as the summaries have no correct speed information. Imho it would be easiest to ignore the speed info from PS TS's anyhow, also when first importing a summary. Now all non-sattelite MTT's are designated regular speed and all satties hyper-turbo speed, which doesn't make real sense.

I want to let you know that your issue report has been received and will be tested in the order it was received. I am busy with some other urgent issues or I would just test it myself now and write it up.

Once we have tested and documented it thoroughly we will send you our results and/or ask for any other info/files that we may need to help resolve it.

This file imported the correct speed. There are no re-buys that I can find in this file. We need files for the tournament with which you are encountering issues to test them.

There was no .htm file though, so I could not test what you are doing.

Why are you editing, then importing the file?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Banned

This file imported as 'super-turbo', while it is 'turbo'. TBH you can't even tell if it imported as the correct speed, because there is no way for you to know what the speed was. As stated before all sattelites are imported as 'super-turbo' and all other tourneys as 'regular'. The fact there are no rebuys in this tournament is irrelevant for my problem. The problem is that user-selected speed info is overwritten even when there's no speed info in the imported file(s). To duplicate you simply can import the file, edit the speed, and import the file again to see the manually set correct speed changes to an incorrect speed.

Why I am editing and then importing the file:

To get the correct results anyway we have to manually set the speed and manually import the .html summary from PS support now and then for the correct rebuy information.
    The .htm file contains your lifetime results, hence all manuallly set speed-info is overwritten when importing it. You have to use the .htm file as the regular TS's don't contain the correct rebuy info. And you have to manually set the speed info as neither of the TS's contains the correct speed. So what you have is a Catch-22 where it's impossible to get speed and rebuys correct except by importing the .htm and then editing the speeds, but this has to be done all over again after importing a new .htm file for your latest rebuy-info, which is unworkable.

I'd be happy to deliver the .htm file, but to test what I am doing the regular TS ITT works exactly the same, so I don't think you need it. Pls let me know if you still want it.

I couldn't duplicate this by reimporting the tournament summary after editing the speed.

The way we determine the speed of the tourney is the time between levels. The first hand in this is at 1:08:01, level II starts at 1:23 (there was a hand played just before that, so it would have to be 15 minute blind levels).

What is your cultural setting in Windows?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    I couldn't duplicate this by reimporting the tournament summary after editing the speed.
    Did you select 'force reimport of previously selected hands'? I had to select this to get the rebuy info updated, but that's also when the speed problem occured.

The way we determine the speed of the tourney is the time between levels. The first hand in this is at 1:08:01, level II starts at 1:23 (there was a hand played just before that, so it would have to be 15 minute blind levels).
    My bad, never knew this. Thought HM would be looking at some discription in the TS, because that discription is in the SnG summaries and not in the MTT summaries and the speed of SnG's is working fine. If it's supposed to work like this, my actual problem is that it doesn't work with me (and it never did over 5k+ MTT's). Anything I could try? And just to be sure it's a problem with my setup, you do get turbo speed with the files ITT?

My cultural settings are English (United States).