Bug? Table goes black every once in a while
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bug? Table goes black every once in a while

I just tested out HM2 after months of not using it because of so many bugs and to my surprise, weird stuff is still happening. Every once in a while the table kind of freezes... It's not freezing per se, but basically the table goes black and I can't take any action, after a second or few it comes back. This happened while testing just one table! It was a tournament. A friend of mine says this happens to him too and it's a major reason why he hasn't changed to HM2. Why is this happening. I have a corei7 processor and it seems ridiculous that this is happening as I'm sure it has nothing to do with computer specs.

Please duplicate the issue.

Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information by saving the error. They should be right at the top. We need errors, not information.

Please send a log file as well, to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Please duplicate the issue.

Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information by saving the error. They should be right at the top. We need errors, not information.

Please send a log file as well, to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    Where's this windows event viewer's you're talking about?

log file sent

also, that log was from a quick failure... Sometimes it just goes black for over a minute not responding. I mean, there is no way anyone can play this way, so I'm sure this isn't standard... Curiously enough I'm not the only who's having this happen to me.

Just crash after crash after crash... Pretty unreal. What the hell have you done with this?

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.
    Update your videocard driver to the latest beta driver.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.
    Update your videocard driver to the latest beta driver.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Firewall - windows,
    anti-virus - AVG.

I have w7 fwiw.

Those execs were already running as admin... I've now added those 2 to the firewall exceptions (they weren't showing up so added them manually). I'm also doing the windows update but all the updates were small and optional so doubt that's gonna help. Hopefully the firewall makes it better though. Will let you know if that worked.

If there were any .net framework (or vc++ ) optional updates, after you've installed them, reboot the computer--> then run another Windows Update to see if there are more of them---> install them---> reboot---> (repeat this process until they're all installed)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

It's not just HM2 that freezes... TN2 also freezes along with the websites too if I click on them (if i click on the lobby it goes white and says not responding). This makes no sense whatsoever
    Last edited by galatrixo; 06-11-2013 at 11:47 PM.