Postgresql doesnt start

Default Postgresql doesnt start

Everything was working fine yesterday. I opened my computer today and got a bluescreen while windows was loading. I restarted my computer and windows took 2-3mins to start(worked this time...) but Hm2 can't load anymore because postgresql can't connect. I tried everything suggested in the troubleshoot. UAC off / running as admin / tried to start manually / updated windows / tried to reset password but got an error etc...

Btw I can't find the postmaster.pid file. The "data" folder is not even there.

So I uninstalled postgresql and now I can't even reinstall it, I get this error message: A service Postgresql 8.4 already exist.

Edit: I restored my windows to the point before I uninstalled Postresql.

What do I do now
    Last edited by nabz; 04-04-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Something I noticed is when I entered windows today my Windows Live Mail asked for my password(which usually automatically connects) and the same thing for MSN.

Also when I had Postgresql uninstalled, my windows did not take 2-3 mins to load it was fast as usual.
    Last edited by nabz; 04-04-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

---

If PostgreSQL 8.4 won't install/run, install a different version of PostgreSQL to a different port, for example PostgreSQL 8.2 to port 5433: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here