Massive bugs making hem2 unfunctionable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Massive bugs making hem2 unfunctionable.

Ordered from most important to least important.

1)
    Opponents notes dissapearing!!
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...ompletely.html
    Unknown if this is permanent for each player. Unknown if player pool with notes disappearing is increasing or constant.
    Halts me from making new notes as I'm worried that I may be saving over important old notes. Prevents me playing at my peak/Tilts me. Worried that all my hard work amassing notes is being deleted in one swoop. The cost of this is much greater than the cost of HEM2.
    No actual solution or attempt at finding a solution. Just standard responses and failed solutions which I have already tried. Please help urgently. If one of you are interested in being commissioned to make a note function that actually works reliably that would probably be of more help.

2)
    When I start up HEM2, occasionally its starts up with a random player in 'current player' that ISN'T me. HEM2 then goes about loading hands on other players for that player. (which will obviously be slim as its actually loading hands that I have played with that player and the other players respectively.)
    This player has absolutely nothing to do with me and seems to appear fairly randomly. I've never searched for that player, but that player does seem to be from the last session I played. I change the player to me but this randomly seems to show just session stats and not fully load all of my player database. Soooo, I then have to restart in game while playing numerous tables. The restart is a massive pain in my balls because when its 'preloading' it lags everything often to the extent of me timing down on tables.

3)
    HEM2 is a big floppy turd and I'm quite tempted to go back to the bugless HEM1. Sadly I've committed time to making my HUD perfect in HEM2 so its all together frustrating. You should have just updated the stats on HEM1 and not bothered wasting your time on this stupidly buggy HEM2.
    Can I have my money back and go back to using HEM1?

These issues began the day of the 7651 beta update BEFORE I installed the beta. Its possible they were occuring before that before me noticing. Its also possible that this timing coincides with a Pokerstars update. I don't know because I have it on auto update every time I start up.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAStupidQuestion View Post
    You should have just updated the stats on HEM1 and not bothered wasting your time on this stupidly buggy HEM2.
    THIS!

but u know... $$$$$$

I wonder how is it possible that people who made such a nice software as HM1, with all the experience connected with creating it, developing countless updates etc, could create such a failure as HM2.

I really dont get it
    Last edited by Bilson; 12-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.

1) I asked some questions in your other thread. It gets harder to address things the more avenues of support we are using with one person/topic. It's easiest to keep one thread.

2) I will make sure we check on the testing of the player changing. I have never seen the issues of it not loading all the hands or only showing session stats though. What version of postgres are you using?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    1) I asked some questions in your other thread. It gets harder to address things the more avenues of support we are using with one person/topic. It's easiest to keep one thread.

2) I will make sure we check on the testing of the player changing. I have never seen the issues of it not loading all the hands or only showing session stats though. What version of postgres are you using?
    Postgres 8.4. Obviously old. Maybe that is related? I am willing to try installing the new one. Please recommend. If installing the new Postgres, will I have to import my current database all over again or deal with any other faff? (which is massively time consuming)

Thanks for your answer in the other thread and I do appreciate your efforts, I have done all your standard stuff that you listed, but I cannot be bothered to run tests for you. If I am having the problem its very likely others will have the same problem at a later stage if they aren't now. I just notice it because I use it more.

I'm finding it all very frustrating when I am attempting to finish my bonus by the end of the year. You can hire me as part of the team if you want me to run tests. I'm done doing free testing. Another problem will just occur on the next update and then I have to repeat this whole process again.

I like HEM1. It isn't a turd. Can HEM2 hands that I've played since updating be reverted back to HEM1?

I thank you for your help, and I apologise if my tone comes across brash. I am actually pretty calm. Just bored with software that isn't functioning.

P.S. The player notes do come back randomly for players that had no notes shown on them earlier. So the problem is possibly a loading of notes problem on startup of HEM2. Is there a limit of notes that HEM2 can load or something? Because I have a lot.
    Last edited by WhatAStupidQuestion; 12-07-2012 at 09:07 AM.

.... You should have just updated the stats on HEM1 and not bothered wasting your time on this stupidly buggy HEM2.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilson View Post
    THIS!
    This was not possible. There were flaws in the HM1 logic that made this impossible and required us to rebuild from scratch to be able to add the types of stats people were requesting.

Postgres 8.4. Obviously old. Maybe that is related? I am willing to try installing the new one. Please recommend. If installing the new Postgres, will I have to import my current database all over again or deal with any other faff? (which is massively time consuming)
    It is possible your existing database is damaged and you might want to try creating a new database and restoring a backup of your notes. If you were to reinstall a newer version of postgresql you would need to import all of your original hands to a new database and restore the notes backup file to see if it fixes the problem.

Can HEM2 hands that I've played since updating be reverted back to HEM1?
    You would need to Import Folder > C:\HM2Archive to get the hands into HM1. You can not import your HM2 notes to HM1 so those would have to be manually updated which would be a massive undertaking if you use the notes function heavily. You would need to create a Backup of the [x] Player Notes and [x] Skip Database, then unzip the contents of the .pghembk file and find the playernotes.xml file and open it in a text editor such as notepad++. Then you would have to dig thru this xml file to find the player notes, and manually copy them from the text editor, find the player in HM1 reports/replayer and add any new notes by pasting them into the HUD notes.

P.S. The player notes do come back randomly for players that had no notes shown on them earlier. So the problem is possibly a loading of notes problem on startup of HEM2. Is there a limit of notes that HEM2 can load or something? Because I have a lot.
    There is no limit that I am aware of. Have you tried to create a backup of the notes as I explained above, and opened the playernotes.xml file to see if the notes that are missing in the HUD can be found in the backup file?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    It is possible your existing database is damaged and you might want to try creating a new database and restoring a backup of your notes. If you were to reinstall a newer version of postgresql you would need to import all of your original hands to a new database and restore the notes backup file to see if it fixes the problem.

You would need to Import Folder > C:\HM2Archive to get the hands into HM1. You can not import your HM2 notes to HM1 so those would have to be manually updated which would be a massive undertaking if you use the notes function heavily. You would need to create a Backup of the [x] Player Notes and [x] Skip Database, then unzip the contents of the .pghembk file and find the playernotes.xml file and open it in a text editor such as notepad++. Then you would have to dig thru this xml file to find the player notes, and manually copy them from the text editor, find the player in HM1 reports/replayer and add any new notes by pasting them into the HUD notes.

There is no limit that I am aware of. Have you tried to create a backup of the notes as I explained above, and opened the playernotes.xml file to see if the notes that are missing in the HUD can be found in the backup file?

So I'm stuck with HEM2 then. *bangs head against keyboard* gyadfs

I have not tried creating a note backup but I am willing to. I cannot find the'pghembk' or 'playernotes.xml' files. I am showing unhidden files but please tell me which specific folder/directory it is in or specific instructions on how because it isn't showing on a windows search and I can't find it in the HEM2 folder or the archive folder.

I know specifically which players' notes are missing so I can easily look to see if they are in this file. I suspect they are given they are reappearing randomly. If they are, what does that mean? Corrupt database?

I am planning to install and update to the latest postgreql so I will go through the process of creating a new database. I don't understand how to 'restore a backup of my notes', please explain in more detail and I will act. You probably have a walkthrough you can post me. It was a massive faff to import HEM1 hands into HEM2 so I am reluctant to do that, but I am hoping the HEM2 to new HEM2 database will run smoother. :S

Kind regards.

So I'm stuck with HEM2 then. *bangs head against keyboard* gyadfs

I have not tried creating a note backup but I am willing to. I cannot find the'pghembk' or 'playernotes.xml' files. I am showing unhidden files but please tell me which specific folder/directory it is in or specific instructions on how because it isn't showing on a windows search and I can't find it in the HEM2 folder or the archive folder.
    If you haven't created a backup file the pghembk file does not exist yet. You have to create and unzip that file to see the playernotes.xml file.

I know specifically which players' notes are missing so I can easily look to see if they are in this file. I suspect they are given they are reappearing randomly. If they are, what does that mean? Corrupt database?
    That would be my guess, but it is really nothing more than a guess at this point.

Can you reproduce the problem and save your log file? Then send us the log file with a complete backup of the database/notes? The backup file will likely be much too big for an email and will have to be uploaded to dropbox or some other file hosting site so you can send us a download link.

Please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please zip and email the log, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Instructions for creating a backup of the database/notes are in the FAQ links below.

I am planning to install and update to the latest postgreql so I will go through the process of creating a new database. I don't understand how to 'restore a backup of my notes', please explain in more detail and I will act. You probably have a walkthrough you can post me. It was a massive faff to import HEM1 hands into HEM2 so I am reluctant to do that, but I am hoping the HEM2 to new HEM2 database will run smoother. :S

Kind regards.
    Here is a link explaining how to backup without backing up the database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+settings+ONLY

And this link explains how to include the database in the backup file - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F

HM1 had a Export/Import Notes option that would work with a single notes file. This does not exist in HM2. If you create a backup using the links above it will create a pg.hembk file. That file can be restored to a new database after importing your hands and the notes will be restored/recreated in your new database. It can also be unzipped so you can see the files that it contains and look at the notes with a text editor.

12.08.2012-11.23.png

You can then unzip the file using a program like 7Zip:

12.08.2012-11.24.png

Then you can go into the \ExtractedFolder\files and see the playernotes.xml file:

12.08.2012-11.34.png

You can then open the xml file with a text editor such as notepad++ and manually review the notes that were in the backup file:

12.08.2012-11.36.png

I looked in player notes xml file and the notes that are not appearing do seem to be within the player notes file.

I backed up the old database, created a new database and 'restored' it. The old database was 3956MB and the restored database is 3515MB.... In this restored database I still can't see the notes that are in the playernotes file....

Does this mean anything?

Oddly though, after changing the active database back to the old database, I can now see the specific 'disappeared notes' that I hadn't seen all this time. Whether that means the whole notes are back r whether that means different ones have disappeared is yet to be discovered.
    Last edited by WhatAStupidQuestion; 01-02-2013 at 09:28 AM.

I didn't see if you'd tried this, but try running maintenance on your database.

1) Please close HM

2) Please open PGAdminIII

It is in the Start -> Postgres folder.

3) Enter your postgres password. The default password is typically postgrespass.

4) Open the databases.

5) Highlight your database.

6) Right click, click maintenance.

7) Run the vacuum and analyze and reindex functions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...lyze+Database+

Please try again.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I've done this. It doesn't seem to have changed anything. Everything is still the same as before.

Within the new database, when going into replayer, most players stats don't seem to be loading. I didn't vacuum the new databse though, I vacuumed the old one.

The old database still has player notes missing. I've found 2 players with notes in player notes xml that aren't showing in old database NOR new database.