$/hr stat

Thread: $/hr stat

Default $/hr stat

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I noticed that in the cash game sessions tab the total $/hr stat is not calculated using the the formula "winnings"/"hours played". It represents the average $/hr per session instead.

Here is an example. Let's say I played 2 sessions. First session lasted for 2 hours and the second one lasted for 1 minute. I made $300 in the first session and I lost $100 in the second one, which means I made $200 in app. 2 hours of play. That would make my win rate app. $100/hr. However, in my HM2 the total win rate would be -$2925/hr, because it is calculated using the formula ("win rate 1"+"win rate2")/"number of sessions".

Maybe it is intended to be this way. If so, please let me know where I can find a total $/hr stat instead of the average $/hr stat.

+1

This is done by design: The summary line for the $/hr stat computes the average value of the rows in the report. It does not know how many hours each row represents and therefore cannot compute a weighted average.

We may be able to compute weighted averages in report summaries, but it would require a more complicated algorithm. We decided it is not worth the effort.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

In Holdem Manager 1 the average $/hour for all sessions was calculated correctly.

I don't want to be rude, but how can you call that a complicated algorithm? You take the sum of Net Won and divide it by the sum of Time Played. If the programmer messed this stat up this much, that he can't change that, well maybe you should get a better programmer. A good one could change that within a minute.

By the way the calculation for other stats like the average VPIP is working, so it didn't seem to be that difficult there.

Sorry Patvs, but it's really hard for me to stay calm, when you read something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Witz17 View Post
    In Holdem Manager 1 the average $/hour for all sessions was calculated correctly.

I don't want to be rude, but how can you call that a complicated algorithm? You take the sum of Net Won and divide it by the sum of Time Played. If the programmer messed this stat up this much, that he can't change that, well maybe you should get a better programmer. A good one could change that within a minute.

By the way the calculation for other stats like the average VPIP is working, so it didn't seem to be that difficult there.

Sorry Patvs, but it's really hard for me to stay calm, when you read something like that.
    +1

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    This is done by design: The summary line for the $/hr stat computes the average value of the rows in the report. It does not know how many hours each row represents and therefore cannot compute a weighted average.

We may be able to compute weighted averages in report summaries, but it would require a more complicated algorithm. We decided it is not worth the effort.

If you can't work out the $/hr, why have it an option? If it doesn't exist, because it's too hard to work out?

Anyway, in steps the hero.....

I've spent weeks on this algorithm and have finally cracked it!!

It states that I've won $1200 over 15 days and 11 hours of play.
    I began to understand that if I could divide the money by the number of days, I could get a figure, of my $/day. *

Then after some digging around on the internet I discovered that there were 24 hours in 1 day. *Now if I could divide my $/day by 24, this would tell me my $/hour.*

A friend of mine has a small pocket computer that he lent me, which did the calculations for me. I was standing on the shoulders of giants, using their inventions to further mathematics.

If you would like me to come down to the office to do a presentation of my findings then I'd be more than happy to showcase my discovery, copyright pending of course.

Yours truly, bored on a Friday night.

This was also mentioned in last year- http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...naccurate.html

Quote Originally Posted by hitsy View Post
    Then after some digging around on the internet I discovered that there were 24 hours in 1 day. *Now if I could divide my $/day by 24, this would tell me my $/hour.*

A friend of mine has a small pocket computer that he lent me, which did the calculations for me. I was standing on the shoulders of giants, using their inventions to further mathematics.

[/url]

My previous post was a 'quote' from a programmer from bugticket HM-4283.
    I'll reopen the ticket to request a proper solution.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Is this problem still not solved?
    This stat worked in HM1 fine...

HM2 bugticket is closed.
    It should be fixed if you update HM2 and reimport your hands into a new empty database.