notes freeze all tables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default notes freeze all tables

when u press the notes button ingame sometime it freezes hem for a while.
    thats ok but at this time like 1 minute or something u cannot press any button on any table which is disastrous of course
    can u see that not all tables are blocked this way?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arisgi View Post
    when u press the notes button ingame sometime it freezes hem for a while.
    thats ok but at this time like 1 minute or something u cannot press any button on any table which is disastrous of course
    can u see that not all tables are blocked this way?

thanks
    This regularly happens to me as well (as detailed in an earlier post), usually occurring after longer sessions. My laptop fan is usually going crazy at this point so HEM2 is for some reason taking up all the CPU usage when the bug occurs.

A temporary 'fix' is to close HEM2 and restart, and then you get another hour or 2 before it does it again.

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Holdem Manager 2 (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version)
    2) Right click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
    3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
    4) Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for HudFuncsApp.exe

5) Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

6) Turn off User Account Control: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/1...windows-7/]How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    --
    You need to make sure that this folder

7/Vista: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
    Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial151.html

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
    Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

is not read only and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows.
    --
    If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and send your log file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread. -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Quote Originally Posted by DogNamedBluff View Post
    1) Go to C:\Program Files\Holdem Manager 2 (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version)
    2) Right click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
    3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
    4) Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for HudFuncsApp.exe

5) Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

6) Turn off User Account Control: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/1...windows-7/]How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    --
    You need to make sure that this folder

7/Vista: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
    Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial151.html

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
    Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

is not read only and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows.
    --
    If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and send your log file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread. -
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F
    I've done all your standard stuff and I sent you the log file before. I was told to update to the latest version. Problem still occurs.

I'm done helping on this matter. I just wanted you to know that more than one of us have this issue.

Update to 7651: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-...-december.html

settings--> try turning off AUTO REFRESH, which currently is the main cause for performance issues.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I have exactly the same problem. I always have autorefresh turned off, so its defeinitely not the cause.

And imo its not really a performance issue. These freezes happen randomly. Usually notes open fine, even for players that i have 100k hands on+many notes, but it freezes when i try to make a note on an unknown player.
    Last edited by Bilson; 12-06-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks for getting in touch.

What we’re trying right now is to work with several people to narrow this down, if we have everyone try different things this will mean well track it much quicker without having to take up too much of 1 persons time.

What I’m hoping you can do on the next session is narrow down the most likely culprits. Can you play a session with the following disabled:

1 - Untick Auto Refresh - This can be found in Settings > General Settings
    2 - Notecaddy - Even if you don’t own this you need to turn it off - Go to Hud Options - Untick "Show Notecaddy Notes" near the bottom right
    3 - Live Tracking - Even if you dont use or play on a site that has this disable this by going to Hud Options > Site Options and untick everything in the live tracking section
    4 - Hud Options - Config Properties > Always on top should be unticked
    5 - What happens if you set the active player to a player that has just a small # of hands?

Now also make sure not to use your notes, hand viewer or replayer during play, go to aliases and choose any other alias that isnt a hero, maybe someone with just a handful of hands, then restart HM2 and when it opens on the home TAB please leave it there, do not go to any other TAB at all even just to check something quickly.

We really appreciate you taking the time to help us with this and understand that this is a big inconvenience, hopefully with your help and others well be able to narrow this down quickly and rest assured were giving this the highest priority

Please send responses to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Ok i`ll try that.

BTW i think theres something wrong with autorefresh setting. I have it always unticked but HM2 still refreshes all reports/graph every time i change date/filter etc. I dont see any difference between autorefresh on and off.
    Last edited by Bilson; 12-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilson View Post
    Ok i`ll try that.

BTW i think theres something wrong with autorefresh setting. I have it always unticked but HM2 still refreshes all reports/graph every time i change date/filter etc. I dont see any difference between autorefresh on and off.
    Well spotted. Given that the error occurs usually after longer sessions, this likely is related?

The problem still occurs even after unticking the following;
    1, 3, 4 as stated below.

I can't see 2??: Notecaddy - Even if you don’t own this you need to turn it off - Go to Hud Options - Untick "Show Notecaddy Notes" near the bottom right

And I'm not doing 5.

Turn off show caddy notes, and turn off start caddy report on HUD launch.
    Restart HM2 after you make these changes.

caddy.JPG
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here