HUD pot odds as percentage (still) doesn't work
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy HUD pot odds as percentage (still) doesn't work

In the current "stable" version the "pot odds as %" checkbox does not work. If you check it and close the window, the box is unchecked again. I have then tried some beta versions: 68XX and also the latest 6948. The checkbox now works (it remains checked) but the odds are still displayed in the "X:1" format, and not as percentages.

I looked in the Config/prefs.xml file, and noticed odds_percent2="False", but setting it to True does not make a difference. I am hoping this gets fixed soon, as I'm not that fluent with non-percentage pot-odds. As I programmer I doubt that it's more than 15 minutes work.

I justed wanted to say that this bug still exists in the latest beta, and it's an important feature to me.

Thank you for listening

Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Nothing changed, still seeing the odds as ratios. Tried unchecking/checking the checkbox, didn't work.

Did you check it in site options?

Please delete everything except for the database, notecaddydefinitions, backups and config folders, caddylayout, CaddySettings, ColorDefinitions and layout, NoteCaddyTags and noteDefinitionsLayout files in:
    7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
    You must show both hidden files and check unhide system files. See this:
    How to show hidden files in Windows 7

See this screenshot for location in 7 and the files you want to save:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/modload.PNG

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
    For showing hidden files and unhide system files, see this:
    Microsoft Corporation

See this screenshot for location in XP and the files you want to save:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/modload_xp.gif

uninstall, reinstall this version:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6971HM2Setup.exe

Please add holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncapps.exe, postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe (in postgres\bin) and hmupdate.exe (available only during an update) to the list of exceptions in your firewall and antivirus.

Please make sure that you are running as an administrator.

You may need to uninstall your AV, install HM2, and reinstall your AV.

Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Thanks for the reply.

I did the steps you suggested, but no progress. I even did a clean install, by removing the entire Roaming\HoldemManager folder before uninstalling/installing, but it simply doesn't work.

It is very easy to reproduce, I just installed a clean version of HM2 with the link you have me, I enabled live tracking for Pokerstars and checked "pot odds as %". Pot odds work but are still shown as ratios.

settings.png
    result.png

I attached my log here:
    http://wilma.vub.ac.be/~rroels/log.txt

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

I have forwarded this issue to our bugs department for further investigation. It will be tested in the order in which it was received. We will reply back in this thread with our findings.

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

This is a known issue and it has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. While I do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, we are putting out updates regularly.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-5161. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back on this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

+1 for HUD pot odds as percentage. This is probably useful for a lot of players who are more used to work with percentages. When you use the "rule of 2 and 4" for calculating your percentage odds it becomes easier to compare that number with your pot odds when this is displayed as a percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by User12 View Post
    +1 for HUD pot odds as percentage. This is probably useful for a lot of players who are more used to work with percentages. When you use the "rule of 2 and 4" for calculating your percentage odds it becomes easier to compare that number with your pot odds when this is displayed as a percentage.
    I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

+1 for pot odds as percentage, too. Please add my email to the ticket, too.

On a further note, I would like to have the possibility to display the opponent's bet size in terms of percentage of the pot instead of displaying the pot odds. Should be easy to implement.