Backed up DB does not show ANY hands in reports after restore
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Backed up DB does not show ANY hands in reports after restore

Had HM2 running on my computer, backed up my DB via the backup function, wiped my system clean, re-installed HM2+PSQL, restored the DB from the backup file and now there are no hands showing in either the reports tabs or the active sessions tab. all filters are cleared. tried all different screen names (no aliases)

Which PostgreSQL version are you running?

Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-...tml#post969921

On which site did you play (most of) these hands?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

was running 8.4 when i backed up the DB and now whichever one comes with the HM2 installer. 90% of the hands were played on BossMedia

just tried to restore with the new internal, no luck.

also, i just created a new DB, imported a few hands and then backed it up and tried to restore it creating a new DB. same issues: no hands in reports/sessions, cant even change the date filter (or at least it wont actually show that it changed), so the issue is the restoring function?
    Last edited by -iDonk-; 02-29-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Are you installing HM2 and/or PostgreSQL to a non-default folder, or non-default (C: ) partition?

Is your Windows in English?
    Are you using an American formatting date formatting on your computer?: M/d/yyyy (and not the European default d/M/yyyy)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

when i backed up the DB, postgresql was installed on a external HDD which I used to share my DB between two computers. since that is no longer necessary with HMsync i backed up the DB, reinstalled everything, and then tried to restore. is that the issue, that postgresql was on that external?

windows is in english. using american date formatting.

But you stated "also, i just created a new DB, imported a few hands and then backed it up and tried to restore it creating a new DB. same issues: so the issue is the restoring function?"

Was PostgreSQL also running from the external HDD when you did this?

You can select your screenname right, it's just the hands aren't showing? Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...tml#post969501
    and edit your config file.

no, when i tried that postgresql was installed into the C: directory.

i can select my screenname and when i import some hands from HM Archive into a new DB everything works just fine. when i restore the backed up DB, NOTHING shows in the reports or active sessions tab - no results, no stats, no individual hands. even when i go and try to change the date filter, or clear the filter, that doesnt work either.

Create a new database, and run a import from folder on your old archive folder.

There have been other reports, or bugs with backup/restore we're currently intestigating.

only problem with that is that all my notes will be gone i assume?

Please try restoring and choosing just the notes into your new test db.