Please get the basics right! HEM1 => HEM2 migration, missing over 10% of hands

Default Please get the basics right! HEM1 => HEM2 migration, missing over 10% of hands

Hi there - love HEM1 and I jumped on the HEM2 Alpha / Beta and now own the full version. At the moment I'm not using it yet, I still can't get over the hurdle of importing my historical hands.

Really disappointed with the GUI layout. It seems like a throwback to the days of PT2 when random mismatched icons were just plugged in wherever they fit. Not a bug obviously, just my opinion. I can see it's like an Office 2010 "ribbon" sort of thing, but with those grey blocks along the top - it's really not clear what is a label and what is a button. Why is "Options" not click-able - but "Settings" is? If "Options" is the header or label for that block, why is it squeezed at the bottom?

Anyway, on to an issue - but sorry it's not a clearly defined bug;

I've tried everything to migrate my HEM1 database multiple times but still have over 100K hero hands missing from around 1.1M. Total migration is around 14M I think, but most are mined/villain hands. I don't care about those, I just want to move my entire history over to HEM2, say goodbye to HEM1, and delete my HEM1 database. I'm a believer - but you're making it really difficult for me to like this release.

I tried:
    - Import from the Database Manager from HEM1 postgres DB to HEM2. This succeeds, but many hands are missing.
    - Import manually from folder containing 100% of my hands from HEM1 exported to file, using the HEM1 export facility.

Importing manually from the exported hand histories seems to pick up more hands than the straight DB copy, but I'm still missing hands. Seriously, I'm a programmer and work on large DB migrations/conversions for banks - and this is one of the first things I would have made sure works - that 100% of hands we could accommodate in old system still work in the new system. The core application is storing hands, I'm just gutted as a customer that I open the app and see all this extraneous TiltBuster/HEM TV stuff that looks and feels like click bait, when I can't even get apples to apples copied from HEM1 to HEM2.

That said, I know it's never simple underneath, and there's some reason for it all. On the plus side, every new release I go through the day-long importing process again, and it seems that more hands get picked up each time, so it appears bugs are getting fixed.

Any comments on the incompatibility of hands and/or future fixes?

Cheers

P.S. Makes me feel better though when I look at the results graph - most of the missing hands must be losing sessions, as I'm up around 50% than I expect.
    Last edited by Salamando; 02-16-2012 at 08:05 AM.

I can see it's like an Office 2010 "ribbon" sort of thing, but with those grey blocks along the top - it's really not clear what is a label and what is a button. Why is "Options" not click-able - but "Settings" is? If "Options" is the header or label for that block, why is it squeezed at the bottom?
    The 'options' is the label for that group of buttons. The labels were placed at the bottom as we felt it would be even more confusing if they were at the top near the main tabs for Home, Reports, etc.

We have a request created already for the developers to make that a bit more clear by giving the label a darker grey background color but it is a low priority bug currently.

I've tried everything to migrate my HEM1 database multiple times but still have over 100K hero hands missing from around 1.1M. Total migration is around 14M I think, but most are mined/villain hands
    What sites are the original played hands from in your HM1 database? We have fixed some of these problems already but they have to be tackled on a case by case basis which makes them tedious for our customers to upload the database, for our testers that have to restore and import them, and for the developers that have to narrow down the cause. Most customers with these direct import problems in the past were able to get more accurate results by importing their \hmarchive, \exportedhands, or by emailing their site support and asking for them to send all the original hands/summaries.

Is it possible for you to create a backup of your HM1 database and send us a download link? Hopefully it is small enough that you can use dropbox or filedropper to upload it for us. Once we have the HM1 backup we can restore the backup and try to reproduce the direct import to hm2 problems.

Here is the FAQ for creating a backup in HM1 - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...up+%26+Restore

From your description it might also be helpful if you can send us the \hmarchive and \hmexportedhands folders.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, and links to your HM1 database backup, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Same problem here, I miss about 90% of my hands.
    I cannot send the files b/c my HEM1 backup is 1,5Gb.
    Can somebody help me fix this please?
    Last edited by nherrego; 03-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nherrego View Post
    Same problem here, I miss about 90% of my hands.
    I cannot send the files b/c my HEM1 backup is 1,5Gb.
    Can somebody help me fix this please?
    Have you tried to export the hands from the HM1 Database Management menu and import them manually to HM2?

File Dropper allows you to upload 5gb files for free.

yes, i also imported the hemarchive

yes, i also imported the hemarchive
    Then we will need your HM1 backup file for testing so we can restore it in HM1 and try various ways of importing it to HM2 to figure out what is happening. Please upload it to file dropper and email the download link, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

ok, its uploading. Do you need anything else?

ok, its uploading. Do you need anything else?
    Any other info that you can provide in terms of which site, screen name, games/hands don't import would be helpful in our testing.