Certain players' HUDs not updating
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Certain players' HUDs not updating

First time I've seen this, after updating to today's update.

Playing DONs tonight on Merge (Lock) keeping 4 tables going. After awhile, maybe 8-10 tables total, there would be 2-3 players per table whose stats wouldn't update in the HUD. It shows 0 hands and -'s for all stats, except for their BB and M stats, which were updating correctly. The HH's were importing as mine and other players' stats were updating at the same table.

I tried stopping/restarting the HUD, and it didn't help.

I beleive this issue is due to Merge locking the hand history file and HM keeps trying to import the same hands over and over then once the hands in the hand history file get to 100 hands HM stops importing as the auto importer has a failsafe that doesnt allow you import more than 100 hands in one go otherwise it causes big issues, its there to prevent people auto importing a big sample of hands by mistake (they should use manual import for that) but anyway we are currently looking into a solution for this issue for both HM1 and HM2. Would you be interested in helping us out via remote support if we need some details to help fix the issue?

If so please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Sure, if we can work out a compatible schedule (usually late evening ET), I'm game for a remote session. Of course the challenge may be reproducing it.

But I always play at least 4-tables at a time per session, well over 100 hands per session, and this is the first time I've noticed this either with HM1 or HM2. I'm wondering if something could have changed just recently, either the Merge client (which as I recall had a small update a couple days ago) or with yesterday's HM2 update that changed this behavior?

Also, wouldn't that cause NO players to update? As I mentioned, this only affected 2-3 players at the tables it happened on. Myself and the other players at the same table were updating normally. Another thing that makes me question that theory, is the problem happened on the newly opened tables, but tables that had been going on for awhile were still working (all players' HUDs updating). I would have thought if it were hitting a 100 hand limit in the HH, the older tables would have been affected first since they were presumably within the same HH file?
    Last edited by Veteran68; 07-23-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Your right it would affect all the players so this looks like a different issue, not sure if you were part of the alpha testers or not but if you were can you try creating a new database and also make sure you have the latest version and if you can reproduce the problem with the new database well setup a suitable time to get some more information
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I've had this a couple times, only once since Roy finished the DB changes. I got it on my first table of a session, and subsequent tables were fine. I tested some DON's last night and did not have the issue.

Do you get it for anything else? Cash games? non-DON tourneys? another site?

Default hud doesn't show hero stats.tourney

Hud doesn't count hero stats on tourney. oponent stats works fine. reports shows all (hero and oponents) stats corect.

which site you play in?
    Can you post a screenshot?
    And check HUD options - Config properties (for right config) - see flag No hero stats

Pokerstars.com
    can't make screenshot with pokerstars table, but bug comes on replayer with hands from the tourney too.

marked line is VPIP/PFR/AF/hands. as you ca see the are no stats for hero.
    Report shows 116 hands for this tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Your right it would affect all the players so this looks like a different issue, not sure if you were part of the alpha testers or not but if you were can you try creating a new database and also make sure you have the latest version and if you can reproduce the problem with the new database well setup a suitable time to get some more information
    Yes I was an alpha tester since around early May I guess, although I didn't use it as heavily for a month or so. For the last month or so I've pretty much forgotten HM1 and use HM2 exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    I've had this a couple times, only once since Roy finished the DB changes. I got it on my first table of a session, and subsequent tables were fine. I tested some DON's last night and did not have the issue.

Do you get it for anything else? Cash games? non-DON tourneys? another site?
    No, I don't play cash these days and very infrequently play other tourney types. DONs on Lock are pretty much my bread & butter these days. I don't put in the grind I used to pre-BF, now I only get in ~250 games a month. But as I mentioned, this is the first time I've seen it, and I play DONs almost every night, at least 4 at a time.

OK. Thanks for the further information.

Do you notice that players that stop updating are players you've played against before, or new players? or a mix?

If you can look me up on skype when this happens, that would be good as well. It's not an issue we can really look at after it's not happening. It's not leaving a trail.