PDA

View Full Version : HmHud.exe makes partypoker client freeze

Lessu
01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Hello,

I often have problem with HmHud.exe making partypoker client freeze. What happens is that all the tables become non-responsive and I have go to task manager and kill HmHud.exe and split second later I get my tables back. This happens usually once a session on average.

I am running vista ultimate 32-bit, comodo firewall (both their security levels on "safe) and avast anti-virus. I am running postgres 8.4 though I had this problem on 8.2 already. My db is big (30-40gb, logging is off) and I remove some old observed hands, vacuum/analyze, defrag (with postgres shut down) atleast once a month. I am only importing hands from one folder and the hands get archived.

My friend has same problem. He is on 32-bit w7, running same firewall+antivirus. he has 2 weeks old desktop. his problem is a bit different though. All his tables go white and he says he has to kill all the hem related processes to get the tables back. he is running postgres 8.4 and his db is not big yet as he just bought the computer. all his drivers are updated (i did everything for him so i know).

I have done all the top10 performance tips from your forums other than the re-indexing which was news to me so I have never done that before. Will remove some hands and do it all overnight

appreciate any help

netsrak
01-17-2010, 07:12 AM
What happens if you are playing without FreePHG?

If that works try to change the Auto-Import settings for your FreePGH folder, don't include subfolders.
And try the active mode in FreePHG.ini:

# Set this to enable "Active Mode" (*ONLY* use this if the Party client crashes without it).
USE_ACTIVE_MODE = 0

Lessu
01-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks for reply

I had old version of fphg (2.14). Didn't know it could be the problem. I have updated it now and will try those changes if it happens again.

ty sir

Northernwind
01-18-2010, 10:40 AM
I have same problem. I m use partyezcash software hotkeys and I think freezes occurs when both partyezcash and HMhud trying take control on table at the same time.

jostio
01-19-2010, 04:41 AM
I have exactly the same problem than OP.

Running Wista Home Premium, Avast Antivirus and Windows Defender.

My Database is a little bit smaller. I have also done top 10 tips, removed/purged old hands and vacumm DB but tables still freezes

I haven't understood the FreePHG issue. I would really appreciate if you could explain this for a noob

Thanks in advance

netsrak
01-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Are you using FreePHG or not?
If yes look for the ini file in the FreePHG installation folder and open it with a texteditor like notepad.

Lessu
03-25-2010, 12:54 AM
does hem has any plans on trying to fix the compatibility between party software, hem hud and FPHG?

according to the FPHG developer he has done everything he can to try to minimize the faulty hh's that causes hmhud.exe to crash which freezes the party software

here's FPHG developer's response when I tried to ask him for solution

It's because sometimes FPHG outputs a corrupt hand history and for some reason HEM HUD locks up when it sees it (not sure why it happens more for SNGs than for cash). This in turn then causes the Party client to lock up, whilst giving the false impression that FPHG has caused the crash (ie: if HEM HUD freezes it causes the message queue of the table to stall as well).

Trying to tweak the FPHG settings won't really have any effect as if FPHG finds something that looks like a HH file (but is actaully a corrupted copy that's being moved around in memory) then it will effect both active and passive modes similarly.

In the last version of FPHG I tried hard to make as few of these corrupted hands as possible get output, but really there isn't much more I can do and a certain amount of these has to be expected. To solve the HEM HUD lock-up problem you really need to get onto the HEM people and ask that they fix their parsing / error detection routines so that it doesn't lock up when these corrupt files are encountered.

for the paying customer we couldn't care less who fixes the problem. I've paid for all the programs that I need that had a fee to pay and since I need both of these programs I would like that all parties are doing all they can to fix the problem

Thanks for reading

mofo
03-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Should be any program's responsibility to at least make sure it doesn't crash if input data is not exactly what is expected.

netsrak
03-25-2010, 04:03 AM
I think its just a wrong configuration.
Are you using the latest FreePHG version?
Are you using the FreePHG live feature?
The live hands folder must not be in the folders of the HEM auto-import.
For example: if you auto-import hands from c:\freephg\handhistory exclude subfolders for this.

If this doesn't help please attach your Freephg.ini and the file config\holdemmanager.config.

mofo
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Just fix the hud hand parsing code please.

Mike chops
04-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry it's taken a while to get to this. I couldn't reporduce the problem but I made a test build that logs the incoming live hands. If there's any garbage that causes a crash I should see it. Please extract into the holdem manager folder and switch on logging. If you get a freeze, please send me the logs\log.txt file.

Thanks

mike@holdemmanager.net

El Helado
04-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Btw, I also have these problems at times but I think it mainly happens when the computer has been running for awhile (and everything is a bit slower). Extremly annoying thou (obviously).

dad604
04-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Mike Chops,
Try a slower computer if you have one to see if Party freezes.

I had random freezing with AMD x2 4600 cpu which is 2.4 Mhz. I have not experience any freeze since I upgraded in January to I7-860 with same version of FPHG. Maybe the freezing is still there but the higher speed of cpu is masking it. With the 2.4 Mhz AMD, it would freeze but unfreeze just as time expires or a bit longer.

MartinBKK
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
I have this problem too

Lessu
04-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Sorry it's taken a while to get to this. I couldn't reporduce the problem but I made a test build that logs the incoming live hands. If there's any garbage that causes a crash I should see it. Please extract into the holdem manager folder and switch on logging. If you get a freeze, please send me the logs\log.txt file.

Thanks

mike@holdemmanager.net

I am now using those files you attached here

Any other settings we should change?

Like adviced I stopped importing the live-folder from freephg_handhistories. I did have the "track live hands" checked from site options

first a note: for me it seems that sng's produce the freezing problem much more often (like every 10 hands or so) but in cash games the freezes occur maybe once in 1k-2k hands

So just a few minutes ago I played a session where I played 2 cash games and 1 sng. I got 2 freezes after which I killed hmhud.exe and stopped/started importing again. there are a lot of stuff for you to check in the log.txt file that I have emailed to you

I was using phg v3.03
vista 32-bit with UAC disabled
running avast antivirus and comodo firewall
I have tried numerous different settings for freephg.ini but every time same result. my settings for this session were: active_mode 1, active_delay 500 and active_priority -1

if you need specs for my laptop it's Lenovo thinkpad T61p

I always reboot my computer before sessions and I am not running anything else while playing. only party's software, hem, freephg, betpot and avast+comodo that i mentioned.

let me know if there is any extra info that I can give

Megalodn
04-14-2010, 06:23 AM
fwiw, since the update to 1.10.04b i got the problem that after a time hem import is running and partypoker is open, after 20m or so the system slows down really hard and i have to restart hem. everything works fine then but only for 20minutes.

Mike chops
04-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I am now using those files you attached here

Any other settings we should change?

Like adviced I stopped importing the live-folder from freephg_handhistories. I did have the "track live hands" checked from site options

first a note: for me it seems that sng's produce the freezing problem much more often (like every 10 hands or so) but in cash games the freezes occur maybe once in 1k-2k hands

So just a few minutes ago I played a session where I played 2 cash games and 1 sng. I got 2 freezes after which I killed hmhud.exe and stopped/started importing again. there are a lot of stuff for you to check in the log.txt file that I have emailed to you

I was using phg v3.03
vista 32-bit with UAC disabled
running avast antivirus and comodo firewall
I have tried numerous different settings for freephg.ini but every time same result. my settings for this session were: active_mode 1, active_delay 500 and active_priority -1

if you need specs for my laptop it's Lenovo thinkpad T61p

I always reboot my computer before sessions and I am not running anything else while playing. only party's software, hem, freephg, betpot and avast+comodo that i mentioned.

let me know if there is any extra info that I can give

Sorry I didn't get the logs you sent. Did they go to mike@holdemmanager.net?

Lessu
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Sorry I didn't get the logs you sent. Did they go to mike@holdemmanager.net?

yea. i sent the email on april 14th

I just resent the email

eduargentina
05-21-2010, 09:25 AM
The live hands folder must not be in the folders of the HEM auto-import.
For example: if you auto-import hands from c:\freephg\handhistory exclude subfolders for this.

I have it that way and it does not work.

I recognized the tables in the HUD but I do not care about any hand. I get 0 / 6 (0 short)

I have windows 7 64 bit