PDA

View Full Version : Multi-currency

Callmore
01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
* Made underlying database changes to support Multi Currency

Please just clarify a bit, if you don't mind ? I got a message, when I started HEM after the Beta 7 update, that my database is being modified to support multi-currency.

I see no sign of multi-currency options on any of the menu's. So, I take it that there is no real multi-currency functionality as yet ?

somegirls
01-12-2010, 08:48 AM
guess it's just some kind of pre-formating or something.

willy_tk
01-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Please just clarify a bit, if you don't mind ? I got a message, when I started HEM after the Beta 7 update, that my database is being modified to support multi-currency.

I see no sign of multi-currency options on any of the menu's. So, I take it that there is no real multi-currency functionality as yet ?

this!

yonchev
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
guess it's just some kind of pre-formating or something.

More like Pre-pearing "to do" thing in future beta versions.
I got the same msg , maybe some admin could explain :)

netsrak
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Beta 7 prepares the database for the multi currency support.

Beta 8/9 will hopefully contain the changes to reports etc.

willy_tk
01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Beta 7 prepares the database for the multi currency support.

Beta 8/9 will hopefully contain the changes to reports etc.

so all hands that are played after this "preparation" of the database will be recognized for multi currency after the feature has been added in beta 8 or 9 !?

netsrak
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Thats the plan

Deco
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
For someone thinking of switching from FTP to ipoker would you recommend I wait the multi currency process is completed within the next few betas or would I be fine to switch site now without my database getting messed up.

dirtylobster
01-13-2010, 02:43 AM
For someone thinking of switching from FTP to ipoker would you recommend I wait the multi currency process is completed within the next few betas or would I be fine to switch site now without my database getting messed up.

You should always save (and backup) your original hand history files. That way you can always build a new databse in case something goes wrong. Keep in mind we are talking about beta versions here. If you don't want anything messed up, stick to the stable releases. ;)

Deco
01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
You should always save (and backup) your original hand history files.

How do I do this?

fozzy71
01-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Sticky: How do I backup HEM and my Database (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20754)

HM imports the hands then moves the files to an archive folder for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).